Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foglight retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered some used fog lights off of ebay because my 2014 tech package has everything but fog lights... cant figure that one out. Does anyone have an invoice regarding the software update that their service center performed to add the fog light option? I have a feeling that my local service center isnt going to be on board with doing it.

it can be done. SC charged me 1 hour labor to activate it. it was actually very easy. all they do is connect the laptop to the service port and change the option menu. that was almost 4 years ago. with how busy they are now you will have to be persistent to push them into doing it.

SC will not updates firmware to include on/off function for fog light...I tried.

Entire front bumper removal required. Fog light will remain on all the time with headlights on.

I rather to have the fog light on all the time anyway...not really that bright for fog light

SC will not updates firmware to include on/off function for fog light...I tried.

Entire front bumper removal required. Fog light will remain on all the time with headlights on.

I rather to have the fog light on all the time anyway...not really that bright for fog light
So you’re saying if I install them and they didn’t originally come with my car that the SC won’t activate them? I already have one installed and the fog light does not turn on when headlights are on. I’m assuming because the SC has to update my MCU to activate them?

@random155 is your 2014 tech package model S a CPO bought from Tesla? Or have you had the car since 2014 and you are just deciding to add fog lights now?

I ask because I bought a COP from Tesla months ago (2013 model S) and in their advertising it came with tech package but upon delivery there are several options that the car did not have even though on the website it stated it had them, fog lights being one of them. So I ask to see if we are in the same boat or not.

So you’re saying if I install them and they didn’t originally come with my car that the SC won’t activate them? I already have one installed and the fog light does not turn on when headlights are on. I’m assuming because the SC has to update my MCU to activate them?

My car did not come w fog lights...I installed it myself...SC center will NOT activate the on-off button on the MCU. The fog lights will stay on all the time w headlights ON

I just installed some fog lights on my 2016 (MCU2 upgraded) and mine did not turn on, only the "curb/turning" lights under the yellow reflector light and above the fog light turns on all the time. I am also needing to have the option turned on the MCU2.

I just installed some fog lights on my 2016 (MCU2 upgraded) and mine did not turn on, only the "curb/turning" lights under the yellow reflector light and above the fog light turns on all the time. I am also needing to have the option turned on the MCU2.
Yeah, that is what happened to me also. I wish there was an easy way to turn the feature on.