Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For a Good Time, Remove Your Rear Seat Cushion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yesterday, I removed the rear seat cushion to make more room to transport a couple of new chairs we purchased.

Wow, you can really hear the rear motor whine with it removed, especially during heavy acceleration & regen. Deceleration reminded me of Marvin's sigh in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy lol

I was pretty surprised at how much the rear seat cushion actually quiets things down. Do yourself a favor and remove it and go for a drive :)

I've been experimenting with this recently too. If you remove the rear seat, then fold down the back seats, you also get a perfectly flat surface, instead of the angled surface when the seat is installed. This can really improve the sleeping in the car scenarios, by removing that tilt.

Driving around without the rear seat is pretty interesting. It's a bit like an old-school throaty rumble from a sports car, just a different tone. But it definitely gives you that sound of something powerful.

Reactions: BnGrm
Not the best picture, but:

IMG_1228.JPG

Reactions: medphys3 and voxel