Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For current owners, what's your thoughts on...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dress it up... carbon fiber lip spoiler (China $300), spray paint ($10) the calipers red, source a Dual Motor logo (body shop, maybe $100) and stick it on...

The car just got $20,000 more expensive looking for under $500, and will impress the in-laws that much more.

• Funny
Reactions: Deal and P85_DA
I was thinking about this also, and wish the $35k one had a different name as I don't want to spend close to $100k on my car to have someone spend half of that and people think it's the same! I don't really care at the end of the day though, there is SO much missing from the $35k one that it might as well be a different car. At least it doesn't say "Model 3" on the back though, so as far as most people know they wouldn't even know the difference.

What changed my mind with this was last night watching a YouTube video about the top 8 vehicles that will challenge the Model X, and there's a LOT of companies out there including 2 in China with one by Byton their EV SUV which is REALLY nice. Entire front dash is a LCD screen and it said it would be $45k and that's an SUV which they mentioned auto pilot etc for. There was a really nice Jaguar EV SUV also on there, with all the cars shown being far less than the Model X. So I feel like if you're in the market for a $35k EV next year, there might be better choices out there that include far more features in that price range vs Tesla, where yeah you're getting a $35k car, but it's literally a golf cart sized up. Obviously not quite, but I mean the stuff that's missing from the $35k one are all the things I love about mine!

I was thinking about this also, and wish the $35k one had a different name as I don't want to spend close to $100k on my car to have someone spend half of that and people think it's the same! I don't really care at the end of the day though, there is SO much missing from the $35k one that it might as well be a different car. At least it doesn't say "Model 3" on the back though, so as far as most people know they wouldn't even know the difference.

What changed my mind with this was last night watching a YouTube video about the top 8 vehicles that will challenge the Model X, and there's a LOT of companies out there including 2 in China with one by Byton their EV SUV which is REALLY nice. Entire front dash is a LCD screen and it said it would be $45k and that's an SUV which they mentioned auto pilot etc for. There was a really nice Jaguar EV SUV also on there, with all the cars shown being far less than the Model X. So I feel like if you're in the market for a $35k EV next year, there might be better choices out there that include far more features in that price range vs Tesla, where yeah you're getting a $35k car, but it's literally a golf cart sized up. Obviously not quite, but I mean the stuff that's missing from the $35k one are all the things I love about mine!

Jaguar will be building about 3,000 iPace SUVs a YEAR next year. Tesla builds more than that of Model X in one month. iPace is also a bit smaller than Model X and is probably more of a Model-Y competitor.

There are lots of EV prototypes floating around with fictitious price tags, etc., until you can actually buy those products they are vapor ware. The only ones for sure coming out are the Merc and the Jag and they will both be built in very small volumes and will have inferior battery tech to Tesla.

Reactions: fiatlux
Jaguar will be building about 3,000 iPace SUVs a YEAR next year. Tesla builds more than that of Model X in one month. iPace is also a bit smaller than Model X and is probably more of a Model-Y competitor.

There are lots of EV prototypes floating around with fictitious price tags, etc., until you can actually buy those products they are vapor ware. The only ones for sure coming out are the Merc and the Jag and they will both be built in very small volumes and will have inferior battery tech to Tesla.

I second this. Also, you can go online now and price out the iPace (although you will not be able to purchase until next year at the earliest). Once you choose all the options to make it comparable to Tesla, you are very close to the price of the X for a considerably smaller car.

Any current owners feel kind weird once the SR comes out and there will be so many 3s? Don't get me wrong that's beautiful but I wish there was a way to distinguished between a $67k (fully loaded AWD Dual Motor) and a $35k car

I’ll be honest, I might a little bit and i just have an LR. If mine was fully loaded i definitely would, and i am expecting a few performance 3s to smoke my LR at a stoplight and i am totally ok with that. However it’s more that I couldn’t wait any longer for the SR and wish I had more patience, rather than hoping I could distinguish my car from theirs.. I just couldn’t wait any longer!

I’ll be honest, I might a little bit and i just have an LR. If mine was fully loaded i definitely would, and i am expecting a few performance 3s to smoke my LR at a stoplight and i am totally ok with that. However it’s more that I couldn’t wait any longer for the SR and wish I had more patience, rather than hoping I could distinguish my car from theirs.. I just couldn’t wait any longer!

This isn't much different than with the S or X. The P100D is almost double the cost as the 60 but there is very little differentiating the two cars. Most people wouldn't know the difference.

In fact, most people outside this forum don't recognize the difference between the S and the 3. I have had multiple people ask me, "I thought you were buying the smaller one?"

I love that my car has no badging. I perfectly happy people thinking I spent $35k or $75k.

The SR will have a solid roof, not glass, above the driver/passenger, the seat material will be different and the center console won't fully close.

Like most cars with different trims usually only other owners can tell the minor esthetic differences.

Do we have confirmation of a solid roof on a base model? I have my doubts we will ever see a metal roof just due to simplifying production. They no longer offer a metal roof on the S.

This isn't much different than with the S or X. The P100D is almost double the cost as the 60 but there is very little differentiating the two cars. Most people wouldn't know the difference.

In fact, most people outside this forum don't recognize the difference between the S and the 3. I have had multiple people ask me, "I thought you were buying the smaller one?"

I love that my car has no badging. I perfectly happy people thinking I spent $35k or $75k.

That’s a good point, actually I’m really proud to own a 60d model X, and definitely everyone just knows it’s an X... although maybe i should debadge it!

Do we have confirmation of a solid roof on a base model? I have my doubts we will ever see a metal roof just due to simplifying production. They no longer offer a metal roof on the S.
Well, no, BUT...it shouldn't have it since its a Premium upgrade feature.

Base vs. PUP:
Textile manual seats vs. Premium heated seating with 12-way, power adjustable front seats
Open console vs. Center console with covered storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
Regular audio vs. Premium audio system
Solid roof vs. Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
Manual mirrors vs. Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
No profiles (seats are manual) vs. Custom driver profiles
No fogs vs. LED fog lamps
Regular connectivity vs. Premium Connectivity (1 year included):