Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this…
IMG_7421.png

Reactions: jwblane and 0Q991
Evidence that Tesla doesn't hold changes for model years ;-)
It's not really confirmed if that person really got a Stealth Gray though...as the VIN was PF419XX. He would need to go in person to see it first and check the door jam for the paint code to confirm. Quite possibly it was still a MSM from beginning of October's production.

The Stealth Gray was basically a paint color that was sent to everyone who ordered MSM prior to last night.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsxdsm
It's not really confirmed if that person really got a Stealth Gray though...as the VIN was PF419XX. He would need to go in person to see it first and check the door jam for the paint code to confirm. Quite possibly it was still a MSM from beginning of October's production.

The Stealth Gray was basically a paint color that was sent to everyone who ordered MSM prior to last night.
That's a great point.

This is my 4th Tesla and by far the longest I have had to wait. Also, not on 10/27 they are STILL quoting EDD of November/December. See attached screenshot. This is misleading! Buyer Beware!
Consider yourself lucky then. Man my 2016.5 refresh was a nightmare of a wait and right after it was built they called me and said “it was selected for crash testing” and I had to wait for another one to be built. I think I had 10 or so hard credit pulls before I got my car delivered.

Consider yourself lucky then. Man my 2016.5 refresh was a nightmare of a wait and right after it was built they called me and said “it was selected for crash testing” and I had to wait for another one to be built. I think I had 10 or so hard credit pulls before I got my car delivered.
Wow, I wonder how they select them for crash testing, bad panel alignment? Maybe it was a good thing.

Reactions: chillaban
Wow, I wonder how they select them for crash testing, bad panel alignment? Maybe it was a good thing.
So at the time my DS said it’s random and out of their control. My teammate who ordered at the exact same time was told his “failed QC” and similarly was given a new VIN. My money is on it being an excuse and they must’ve made a bad batch of them for whatever reason.

I definitely would rather wait than get a sketchy built Tesla but damn that 4 month wait was a bit rough on my emotional health with all the ups and downs.

Not a September order, but order placed Oct 12 for MXLR Ultra-Red. Originally showed Nov-Dec. EDD in time for the tax credit. Now saying December 26 to February 20!! Much later than I expected. Seems a bit misleading to quote at order November - December then push it out nearly 2 months.

I didn't have to wait this long for my 2015 MS85D! What's the delay? Anyone heard??
Similar for me

Ordered on 10/23 when config said NOV - DEC not knowing any better and anticipating a delivery before end of Year and today 10/29 My order now says DEC 2023 - JAN 2024.

Same for us…Hope to get it with the supercharging transfer (the nudge we needed to pull the trigger) that currently carries the condition of “must take delivery by 12/31/23”.
That was/is us. However, I don't need to buy a new one. If that deal expires I will simply abort. May also abort if it isn't delivered before the end of the year - tax complications. A little bummed I cannot also transfer FSD since I paid for it 4 years ago and it has been in beta ever since.

Reactions: chillaban
That was/is us. However, I don't need to buy a new one. If that deal expires I will simply abort. May also abort if it isn't delivered before the end of the year - tax complications. A little bummed I cannot also transfer FSD since I paid for it 4 years ago and it has been in beta ever since.
We also have the FSD on our 2018 model S; when Tesla reps were adamant that those two cannot be combined, we decided to trade the Y instead and transfer the FULS from the S to the new X. When the FSD deal comes back someday and things still make sense for us to upgrade from the S, most likely to the 3, we’ll trade it in for the transfer to the same X. May take a while but this way we will eventually get both on the new X ($12k tax benefit for us in CO).

We also have the FSD on our 2018 model S; when Tesla reps were adamant that those two cannot be combined, we decided to trade the Y instead and transfer the FULS from the S to the new X. When the FSD deal comes back someday and things still make sense for us to upgrade from the S, most likely to the 3, we’ll trade it in for the transfer to the same X. May take a while but this way we will eventually get both on the new X ($12k tax benefit for us in CO).
Just realized a mistake; it’s $12.5k for us in CO.