Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know why this didn’t add

Attachments

• IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    709.7 KB · Views: 40
How does rejecting a VIN hoping the next one will be a '24 work?

I have an FSD transfer because I ordered before 9/30. And when I ordered in Sept my Plaid price was $5k lower than the current price. Also I'm getting the $1k discount for being a Cybertruck reservation holder and $500 referral credit. Would I lose any/all of those if I reject the VIN I have or would they rebuild me a new car (probably a 2024) and still keep my lower price, discounts and FSD transfer?

How does rejecting a VIN hoping the next one will be a '24 work?

I have an FSD transfer because I ordered before 9/30. And when I ordered in Sept my Plaid price was $5k lower than the current price. Also I'm getting the $1k discount for being a Cybertruck reservation holder and $500 referral credit. Would I lose any/all of those if I reject the VIN I have or would they rebuild me a new car (probably a 2024) and still keep my lower price, discounts and FSD transfer?

So you want to have your cake and eat it too? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

If this one is good, I'd take it. Only if it's *sugar*, would I reject it. You're dealing with cars built at EOQ/EOY. Your next one will probably be something someone else declined and still a 2023. Don't eff up your FSD transfer playing Russian roulette.

Reactions: Omer and EvoL
Side Q: I have a wheel and might want to swap for a yolk. If I find a willing trader, how difficult is this to do? Does it require Tesla service?
It’s a simple 15-20mins swap. You can Google for video instructions. The airbag is the same between yoke and wheel.

The only thing you might need TS for is if you want the screen display to also show that you have yoke vs wheel.

So I rejected mine last Sunday cause it was a mess and I just got a new VIN PF431 with EDD Jan 13 - 21
I think that's the last delivery date from anyone that ordered in Sept

So I get a $6k discount (current Plaid is +5k plus $1k CT discount) plus FSD transfer if I keep the '23 instead of canceling and ordering '24.

I don't value FSD at all cause it's useless but maybe it will have value on resale

So I rejected mine last Sunday cause it was a mess and I just got a new VIN PF431 with EDD Jan 13 - 21

So I get a $6k discount (current Plaid is +5k plus $1k CT discount) plus FSD transfer if I keep the '23 instead of canceling and ordering '24.

I don't value FSD at all cause it's useless but maybe it will have value on resale
That is crazy that vin is still 2023 going into next year

You're right. Pulled the airbag unit from my MX round wheel and indeed it is labeled differently than yoke airbag unit's label I see on ebay.

View attachment 1006759. View attachment 1006760

Those look different enough to where it appears to me that they are not interchangeable.

Aftermarket yokes might be designed to use the round airbag tho. You'd definitely want to know that before buying tho.

It’s probably the picture angle difference, but they are in fact interchangeable, from fitment standpoint, based on other threads on the forum I’ve been researching. Which makes sense from the Tesla recall you referenced.

Reactions: towndrunk

I’m supposed to take delivery tomorrow but went up and viewed my VIN on Thursday. It was a mess. Would you recommend using my 14 day hold first and hoping they reassign this one to someone else, or should I just reject it outright?

Best case scenario for sure, otherwise I’ll just reject the next one and hope they don’t outright cancel my order.

I think if you reject the 2nd one the order is cancelled. I'd love to reject my next one buy I've got the FSD transfer right now from Sept plus the old MXP price of $90k instead of $95k plus cybertruck discount of $1k.

So it would cost me $6k plus FSD transfer to cancel. I set delivery for the latest date they let me .. Jan 16. Hoping to learn by then if there's a major change for 24