Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For owners of the 3. How many miles do you currently have? (and how many problems?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1400 miles

Annoying issues that I’m hoping will get fixed via updates:
Phone key unreliable. Seems to not work when the weather is crappiest and I’m most n a hurry to get in.
User Interface has to be rebooted several times per week

Issues requiring service:
FM radio won’t tune
Charge port door error message, charge port door doesn’t open when you press it (yes car is unlocked)
Call Tesla service message - charge port doesn’t open when button is pressed on charge cable.

Waited 2 weeks for a service appointment. Car has been at the service center for three days. Last update Tesla says a technician has not looked at it yet, cannot give me any estimate for how long it will take.

I love the car, but they’re gonna get roasted alive if they can’t scale up their service to match the increase in numbers.

Hi 3 owners,

I'm curious for those who own the car and are on the forum on who currently has the highest mileage?
And with that mileage if you had to take the car to service?

Thanks for sharing!

We have 871 wonderful miles on our Model 3 :) Overall we're really happy with the car, but there were a couple of minor glitches we encountered shortly after we picked up the car on January 10th. The frunk latch actuator failed two days after we got the car (although the service visit went well and we got a Model S loaner) and it took a couple days to get some issues with phone app as key resolved. Having to switch the app to the Model 3 to get it to unlock the car is also a little anoying. But hopefully this can be resolved the next time they upgrade the phone app.

About 400 miles in 3+ weeks (commuter vehicle). The only significant problems are front wheel alignment (it has pulled a bit to the right since I got it) and the doors require more effort than other Tesla vehicles I’ve owned/driven to close. And I wish it could connect to my Wi-Fi (coming soon, I’m sure).

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Since all you asked for was miles, it's interesting how many want to toss their lists of grievances into the odometer reading.

Mileage: 1072

Oh, and no issues with the car, but a few issues with my brain, figuring out how to make things work. I found the odometer, though.
Since I know you didn't get the Sycamore Brown, what color are you sporting up in Northern Napa? Ours is Blue (Bluebird by name; our silver X is BigBird!) and we absolutely love it.

Since all you asked for was miles, it's interesting how many want to toss their lists of grievances into the odometer reading.

Mileage: 1072

Oh, and no issues with the car, but a few issues with my brain, figuring out how to make things work. I found the odometer, though.

The title of the posts asks for how many miles and how many problems.

1764 miles although I haven't driven it for a week while it was getting wrapped and tinted. Other than software bugs and one annoying rattle in the passenger pillar, nothing to drive me back to service yet.

921 miles. Some rattling/buzzing above/behind the back seats while driving, will have it taken care of next time the car is in the shop for some other reason. Autopilot and auto-parking could use some improvement, but that's software. Otherwise flawless!

378 miles after exactly one week with the car.
Just took it up to Skyline Blvd from Los Gatos to Portola Valley today.. :cool::D Loved it!

1. Minor software glitch (charge-port kept opening/closing & Parking brake error) fixed by software update pushed OTA by Service center
2. Several minor cosmetics/build issue, going to take the car to service center next week to see if they can fix it.

378 miles after exactly one week with the car.
Just took it up to Skyline Blvd from Los Gatos to Portola Valley today.. :cool::D Loved it!

1. Minor software glitch (charge-port kept opening/closing & Parking brake error) fixed by software update pushed OTA by Service center
2. Several minor cosmetics/build issue, going to take the car to service center next week to see if they can fix it.

You passed our house on that drive. Which brings me to our main complaint: the nav system refuses to route to or from our address. But never had a problem on S or X nav, nor any smartphone mapping app. A bit baffled on that but not a physical problem needing an in-person visit yet. The car is fantastic.

Could you tell me your small build issues? I was worried about possible bad paint defects in a couple places but after investigation I found they were due to some clear sticky compound that was rubbed around, and I was able to remove finally with detergent.

Was delivered with 50.12 and had next software update already queued.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
You passed our house on that drive. Which brings me to our main complaint: the nav system refuses to route to or from our address. But never had a problem on S or X nav, nor any smartphone mapping app. A bit baffled on that but not a physical problem needing an in-person visit yet. The car is fantastic.

Could you tell me your small build issues? I was worried about possible bad paint defects in a couple places but after investigation I found they were due to some clear sticky compound that was rubbed around, and I was able to remove finally with detergent.

Was delivered with 50.12 and had next software update already queued.

Delivered with 17.48.30 on the 27th , got 17.50.12 on the 31st after asking Santa Clara SC to give me the update OTA

I just listed them at this post below:
Part recall for Model 3