Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For owners of the 3. How many miles do you currently have? (and how many problems?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7,708 miles on mine since taking delivery October 16th (about 3.5 months as of this writing).

There have been zero issues for me that affect the driveability of the car. No powertrain or control problems at all so far.

Since I drive about 2700 miles a month, this is a reassuring number with an overall positive outlook. Is this mileage (about 2200 a month) going to continue going forward or is it higher than expected monthly amount?

1,049 miles. No problems.

Biggest gripe is the right scroll wheel does not control the fan speed.

Most annoying bug is the side mirrors sometimes get stuck in reverse mode which I seem to never notice until I need them and then its a sudden panic to fix while on busy road.
I second these!
I kept trying to adjust the climate control with the right scroll wheel like our MS, but it doesn't do anything yet as of now.
Occasional side mirrors stuck as well.

-Just dropped off our M3 at Santa Clara SC this morning for some fit and finish issue.
-The manager said Santa Clara does not currently do any fit and finish yet, but they will check and see what they can do.
-Loud fan noise from headlights

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
2 weeks and about 100 miles, haven't been able to use it since delivery due to body panels rubbing. Things being corrected:
- Adjusting all doors including hood and rear hatch. So far looking really good.
- Replacing A pillar covers
- Replacing dashboard
- Replacing steering wheel
- Replacing driver seat
- Replacing driver door panel
- Looking into paint nib repair

Factory/delivery QC sucks, service rocks!

2 weeks and about 100 miles, haven't been able to use it since delivery due to body panels rubbing. Things being corrected:
- Adjusting all doors including hood and rear hatch. So far looking really good.
- Replacing A pillar covers
- Replacing dashboard
- Replacing steering wheel
- Replacing driver seat
- Replacing driver door panel
- Looking into paint nib repair

Factory/delivery QC sucks, service rocks!
Wow, that's quite a list. Do you have pics of these issues? Do you consider youself uber critical? Seems like your car had a lot of issues.

Wow, that's quite a list. Do you have pics of these issues? Do you consider youself uber critical? Seems like your car had a lot of issues.
Yes, I am critical but none of the issues were questioned one bit. All are fit/finish issues or damaged parts. It literally took a few minutes to review all issues with them and agree upon fixes. Again service is as good as it can be. I have posted many pictures on Reddit and here showing the body gap/alignment issues as well as the A pillar issues.

Yes, I am critical but none of the issues were questioned one bit. All are fit/finish issues or damaged parts. It literally took a few minutes to review all issues with them and agree upon fixes. Again service is as good as it can be. I have posted many pictures on Reddit and here showing the body gap/alignment issues as well as the A pillar issues.
VIN? or approximate VIN?

Since I drive about 2700 miles a month, this is a reassuring number with an overall positive outlook. Is this mileage (about 2200 a month) going to continue going forward or is it higher than expected monthly amount?

That's much higher than expected. I was road-tripping for holidays, a work trip, then a vacation at the end of January. Normal mileage accumulation would be about 50mi per day plus weekends. So maybe 1200-1500/mo.

It was incredible to watch online, couldn't imagine in person.
That's a lot major stuff to replace on a brand new car. Especially steering wheel and dash. What's wrong with them? Can you post a link to your Reddit. Also did you notice this on delivery or after?

Taking my delivery in Orlando and curious if I should be looking for these issues. Worried cause there are maybe three cars in Orlando so far. Two of which are Employee.

Called the only certified body shop here to get an estimate on that crashed one that's at the insurance auction in California and the owner who's also a friend stated we have no knowledge or anything of the 3 yet try at the end of the year.

This is concerning because the more of these that hit the road there will be accidents and issues. Tesla really needs to up their game on body shops parts etc for repair purposes. This will be very new territory for them having this many cars on the road in a short amount of time.

Vin #2201 3,997 miles currently on 2017.50.12 b707518

Service with Cleveland Feb 15th scheduled

Current Issues:

1. Charge port door has to be helped up by fingers to get motor engagement
2. Charged to 90 percent car is at 85-86% by morning. If left plugged in it tops off multiple times at night Garage heated. All cellphones off in home.
3. Steering wheel icon while in auto pilot is tilted to right while engaged. When not engaged car drifts right. Torrance SC checked steering wheel and tire balance and alignment. All found to be in spec. Now steering wheel has to be turned a little to the right to get AP to engage. Kind of like a little dance I have to do in the lane.
4. Depressed hood
5. Below center rear vent is what I describe as like a lid of a spaghetti jar after open. Floor pops up and down. I tried getting in there, but adhesive and stuff made me not want to monkey too much.
6. This one kind of irks me. Me as in why did I not see it earlier. Before I had the Xpel put on. Crooked Tesla Emblem. :(:(
7. Significant headlight protrusion.

Questions to others:

Has anyone had the suspension replaced on the 3? Not that I am having issues. Car has to be flatbed to Cleveland. Just want to get it out of the way now rather than in two months it actually is an issue that is finally acted upon. Then back to the SC again.

Am I better off to wait on these issues for another month or so till there are more cars on the road with more user experiences to validate my concerns?

Emblem. Is it glued on or adjustable? No it was no removed for expel. It was pre-cut.

Will be my first experince Cleveland SC. Have they had any 3's there yet? Do they yet know what is out of spec or in spec?

Summary:

Not dissatisfied at all. Executive Team was very good in response time and understanding my issues. Now it is in the Service Centers hands to fix the issues. Hoping there is no disconnect there.

Everyone have a wonderful day. Going to try to get some more snow pics in the next couple days before it heads to OH.

Also I opened my posts up for viewing so you can all see I am not a hater.

3. Steering wheel icon while in auto pilot is tilted to right while engaged. When not engaged car drifts right. Torrance SC checked steering wheel and tire balance and alignment. All found to be in spec. Now steering wheel has to be turned a little to the right to get AP to engage. Kind of like a little dance I have to do in the lane.
I thought this was a known problem and that a future firmware update is supposed to fix this. Given that you have 4k miles already, you would think your tires would start to feather.
4. Depressed hood
I take it you mean that it's not flush with the surrounding panels rather than a dented hood. There are adjustments under the hood that should make it easy to adjust. Some say that may be the reason why it's harder for some people to shut the hood.
6. This one kind of irks me. Me as in why did I not see it earlier. Before I had the Xpel put on. Crooked Tesla Emblem. :(:(

Emblem. Is it glued on or adjustable? No it was no removed for expel. It was pre-cut.
You didn't mention if it was the hood or trunk. I believe both are removeable. My understanding is that detailers remove this when applying film. I suppose they don't if it's already precut and detailers should notice things like this and correct it on the spot.
Has anyone had the suspension replaced on the 3? Not that I am having issues. Car has to be flatbed to Cleveland. Just want to get it out of the way now rather than in two months it actually is an issue that is finally acted upon. Then back to the SC again.
@Jetson is supposed to have his done by Tesla. Three weeks and my biggest disapointment in the Model 3...

I thought this was a known problem and that a future firmware update is supposed to fix this. Given that you have 4k miles already, you would think your tires would start to feather.

I take it you mean that it's not flush with the surrounding panels rather than a dented hood. There are adjustments under the hood that should make it easy to adjust. Some say that may be the reason why it's harder for some people to shut the hood.

You didn't mention if it was the hood or trunk. I believe both are removable. My understanding is that detailers remove this when applying film. I suppose they don't if it's already precut and detailers should notice things like this and correct it on the spot.

@Jetson is supposed to have his done by Tesla. Three weeks and my biggest disapointment in the Model 3...

Hood Emblem. (I would think that QC would catch this) It is slight, and not my detailers problem. If he fubars it up. He pays for a new hood. I think it can be adjusted within the cutout. I had to get out some blue painters tape etc. to verify. One of those things you see that can't be unseen.

Not sure what feathering is. If this is an issue with a software update I would suggest they do it quickly. People do drive the cars. They don't just look at them in the garage. If it is causing wear they might be looking at tires as well if it continues and they did not correct.

Hood. I used the term depressed. As in the fenders are significantly higher than the hood. They can fix it/adjust it. I am not ASE certified. Don't plan on being either.

The only thing on a newly delivered car that should be adjusted are the mirrors, steering wheel, radio, and seat. The rest is called delivering a deliverable car.

Hareware: no
Software: Yes, bugs everywhere
Autopilot 2.5 : piece of crap compare to my AP1.0, really need more work
IMG_2642.JPG

• Informative