Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale - 85kwh - 73,500 miles - Irvine, CA - $43,000 OBO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm selling what has been a wonderful car. Buying a new Tesla when we get to Canada. (US Cars will not register in Canada, hence the sale).

I purchased my Model S in 2013. Owned and loved it ever since. No Accidents.

No issue with car at all. Tires changed less than 10k miles ago (just rotated). Serviced every year. New Drive train installed about a year ago. Batteries charge to 248 miles without range mode. No scratches, seats look great, interior crispy clean.

If I do not sell it this week, will trade it in with TESLA for $38,000. If interested, you must pick up car in Irvine, CA before Saturday. Busy packing house and available to show until then.

Model S 85kW with 73,500 miles
Navy Blue / Tan Leather
Premium Sound
19's
Single Charger
Panoramic Roof
Wood Accents

VIN 08130

Located in Irvine, CA

Attachments

• IMG_7462.jpeg
    IMG_7462.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 244
Good luck with the sale.

btw, is that part about not being able to register in Canada really true? I've heard of Canadian dealers importing EVs (such as the Spark EV) from the U.S. without much issue. Is the registration restriction a Tesla-only thing?

Absolutely true. We tried to bring our S into Canada. Looked into the registration with government agency. Canadian regulations will not allow (you can confirm online). Tesla Canada further confirmed (both for S and X). Some issue with lights, navigation and 3G communication network in Canada. So we had to order a new one for delivery in Canada. Made in same factory, but a few tweaks to make it Canadian compatible.

Absolutely true. We tried to bring our S into Canada. Looked into the registration with government agency. Canadian regulations will not allow (you can confirm online). Tesla Canada further confirmed (both for S and X). Some issue with lights, navigation and 3G communication network in Canada. So we had to order a new one for delivery in Canada. Made in same factory, but a few tweaks to make it Canadian compatible.

Wow, that seems pretty ridiculous. You'd think Tesla of all manufacturers would be able to send some OTA to give your S the "Canada update" or something.

Unless it's a newer car they can easily sell as a CPO, Tesla intentionally lowballs. As their employees are often quick to point out, their trade-in offers are for convenience, not for max value.

It's not that much depreciation if you can readily get more than that in the marketplace.

Tesla recently started matching Carmax offers; so OP you might want to get a Carmax quote if you have time. (Tesla says they have a deal with Carmax; I assume the deal is something like Carmax will just buy the car from Tesla for the agreed upon price if Tesla takes it in on trade).

Just a few of the totally BS reasons Tesla has given for blocking imports to Canada. We spend 6 months a year in Canada, driving our U.S. Model S, and not one single thing behaves any differently. Maps, navigation, LTE, -- everything -- works just as it should. We do run the DRLs all the time, but we do that in the States also. There are many others, I'm sure, who drive U.S. cars in Canada, on vacations, etc. and no one has ever reported any problems such as Tesla pretends exist. It's just a predatory revenue protection policy.

Reactions: Cowby
I am awaiting the delivery of my model s in about a month. I too live 6 months a year in Canada. I am a US citizen and based outside Boston MA. I live in Whistler BC from November through April. I certainly hope I have no issues. I told Tesla I will be living 6 months in Canada without access to a charger at my place and they confirmed I could charge in Whistler and Sqaumish (45 minutes south of Whistler). They did not say anything about any issues,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is DLR?

Daytime Running Lights.
Canada made them law about 5 years before the US did. But only on cars made after a certain date. So... it's really not that critical.

I'd love to offer $41 cash and buy this for my wife, but I can't assemble that kind of cash in 2 days...