Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Short (or those with Short wives) Model Y drivers with White interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2101Guy

Breaker of Ignore Buttons
Jan 6, 2020
USA
Is your drivers seatbelt rubbing on/wearing out the white coating on the upper outer portion of your seat? My wife is about 5'2, seat pretty far up. As such, the seatbelt contacts that upper out portion of the seat, leaving marks. Tried cleaning with Dawn, then a dab of spray nine, then 70% rubbing alcohol. Zero improvement. Not trying anything harsher as I think its the white that has rubbed off vs it being seat belt dye.

Anyone else encountered this?

I have the same issue but with the back seatbelt behind drivers seat (doesn’t get used at all and left a light tan outline at the top where the seatbelt sits).

I’ve tried everything (dish soap and warm water, seat cleaners, alcohol, etc) but nothing seems to get it out so I just left a white microfiber towel under it so it doesn’t get worse. It’s not visible since the seat belt is there to cover it, but I still get sad when I think about it :(

Hopefully we can find a solution!

I have the same issue but with the back seatbelt behind drivers seat (doesn’t get used at all and left a light tan outline at the top where the seatbelt sits).

I’ve tried everything (dish soap and warm water, seat cleaners, alcohol, etc) but nothing seems to get it out so I just left a white microfiber towel under it so it doesn’t get worse. It’s not visible since the seat belt is there to cover it, but I still get sad when I think about it :(

Hopefully we can find a solution!
If it gets too bad, i found this as a possible option

Reactions: ejkcy25