Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased the "Basenor Tesla Model Y Front and Rear Seat Pad Protector Cushion"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My legs despise this kind of 'support'.
Just can't stand the cutoff of circulation, very sensitive to pressure on that area of my legs for long periods of time.
I would never go near this kit.

How tall are you? I ask as I’m 6’ and my legs tend to get a little achy after a while due to the lack of support. Perhaps your issue is the the opposite of mine?

Reactions: beachmiles
I actually returned them today. They were kinda bulky and I honestly don't think my wife would look them. The colors did match great though.

The pic was taken prior to install.

Attachments

• 20220210_154431.jpg
    20220210_154431.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 389
Reactions: JaeTheDev
I actually returned them today. They were kinda bulky and I honestly don't think my wife would look them. The colors did match great though.

The pic was taken prior to install.

I must be getting your return. HA! I got a notification today that mine shipped early. Color does match amazingly. Ill installation on the font for a week and see how I like it. Personally, I know the wife will hate them, and Im cool with that. HA! If I like them, they will stay. If not, sending back as well!

Reactions: stan23
I must be getting your return. HA! I got a notification today that mine shipped early. Color does match amazingly. Ill installation on the font for a week and see how I like it. Personally, I know the wife will hate them, and Im cool with that. HA! If I like them, they will stay. If not, sending back as well!

haha maybe. I was only going to use the front so I test installed one seat, and it was not for me. Actually this is my wife's car so if she doesn't like it, then no sense in keeping it.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Interesting! I’m a tall guy and could use the extra leg support. My wife is in the same situation. I just ordered the black version, and it should arrive by end of week. I’ll provide an update.
I installed the two front seats and they feel very comfortable. Wife also approves of her passenger seat. Color matches very well. Installation was a bit tricky. The YouTube video is helpful, but move the seats forward (not back, as in the video). I used a cut up clothes hanger to thread the side straps through the bottom of the seats, and the Tesla hooks below the seats were a bit tough to remove and re-hook up. I didn’t install the rear seats covers, as we rarely have people sitting back there. I wish there was an option to only purchase the front seats, rather than front & back.
Not sure how well the seat heaters will work with the new cushions on, but will find out soon enough. It’s 77 degrees today in the Bay Area, so can’t really test today.
148B57B1-52B8-43DA-B539-EAAB8903B3AF.jpeg
22BA2369-5879-4E25-AF29-316986E661C3.jpeg
18E3FBDD-BE4B-4381-8627-5C1170C86117.jpeg
95AABE05-6A23-4397-AF23-098035381424.jpeg

I installed the two front seats and they feel very comfortable. Wife also approves of her passenger seat. Color matches very well. Installation was a bit tricky. The YouTube video is helpful, but move the seats forward (not back, as in the video). I used a cut up clothes hanger to thread the side straps through the bottom of the seats, and the Tesla hooks below the seats were a bit tough to remove and re-hook up. I didn’t install the rear seats covers, as we rarely have people sitting back there. I wish there was an option to only purchase the front seats, rather than front & back.
Not sure how well the seat heaters will work with the new cushions on, but will find out soon enough. It’s 77 degrees today in the Bay Area, so can’t really test today.
View attachment 768288View attachment 768289View attachment 768290View attachment 768291
I wish I could buy just one of the front seats. I mostly want it to stuff some extra padding under it, as the side bolsters dig into my hip bones.

Reactions: Hall88
I got mine the other day and am going to return the set. I desperately need leg bolsters (6'2"), but these just don't stay in place and don't offer enough support for me. I had a Mercedes with adjustable ones built into the seat that made my legs feel so much better when extended, wish there was some kind of usable after market option for the Tesla.

BTW anyone in the Bay Area (Oakland area) who wants a set can have mine (Black set) for the Amazon price of $169. Let me know, I'll send these back when I remember to bring them to the UPS store (so a few weeks). :)

Reactions: jabloomf1230
View attachment 768288View attachment 768289View attachment 768290View attachment 768291

I was pondering these. Any thoughts six months later?

Did anyone try this? About to get my MY this month, and this is on the top of my accessories list :)

Looks much better than the other one but the price is high. This link has a video on how to install it.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
Looks much better than the other one but the price is high. This link has a video on how to install it.

This one looks like it's automated but I'm not sure how.

One of the first things I noticed when driving my new MYP was the lack of underthigh support when compared with my previous car (Camaro). I bought a front pair of these seat covers from RPM Tesla for $45 each. Hope they do the trick.