TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fort Worth Service Center

Discussion in 'Texas' started by NoPetrolDream, Sep 30, 2018.

1. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Fandango

Rumor had it that Tesla is building/remodeling a structure at the corner of Bristol and University, just south of White Settlement Road, to be a service center. I drove by yesterday (apologize for no pics; had friends and wife in car and was on a timetable) and it appears to be actually happening. A new structure in the back is unmistakably a service facility for cars complete with bays and rollup doors.

This is nice to see, given I brought my Model 3 home this past Thursday. Cedar Springs is a nice facility, but a fair drive from my house in Fort Worth. Glad to see Tarrant County catching up on needed amenities for our Teslas.

• Like x 1
  2. TriNerd

TriNerd Member

As someone who's currently applying to work at Tesla, I really REALLY hope this is actually happening!

3. rideincircles

rideincircles Member

Good to know. Hopefully when I get mine, it won't need to ever go there. At least that is not far at all from my side of town. I still have only seen a few model 3's in Fort Worth so far.

4. TriNerd

TriNerd Member

I hadn't seen a single one until the day I picked mine up, and after that it would be weeks between sightings. But there's been a noticable uptick lately. Now I see others 4-5 times a week.

• Informative x 1
  5. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Fandango

Depending on where you are in Fort Worth, you may have seen mine about town. It's white with aeros, with a tall dude kicked way back in his seat and a Tesla grin on his face. :)

My wife and I checked up on the center again yesterday; it's definitely moving along toward completion. Supercharger construction has also begun at the Whitmore Street location, north of Montgomery Plaza. Makes me feel better about owning a Tesla in Fort Worth to see support for it developing quickly.

6. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Fandango

I saw a Fort Worth based mobile tech job listing on the Tesla jobs site recently. Perhaps to cover service calls in Cowtown until the service center is up and running?

7. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Fandango

Finally got a decent photo of the Tesla Fort Worth Service Center yesterday, which appears to be at or near final stages of construction. No idea when it will open, but hopefully soon. For one thing, I'll love seeing the Tesla logo out front, just down the street from Range Rover/Land Rover and other car dealerships. :)

IMG_2554.jpg

8. JayB1310

JayB1310 Member

Just drove by and checked this out. Looks exactly the same.

9. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Fandango

Yep. Checked it on 11/28. No changes. Wonder what’s up?

10. snypo

snypo New Member

Any word if this is an actual service center?

11. MikeMarkwardt

MikeMarkwardt New Member

It appears that all construction on the Fort Worth service Center has been completely halted while waiting on a Texas Legislature ruling on whether or not TESLA can legally operate service centers within the state of Texas. A vote is supposed to come out in the next 30 days and if it goes against TESLA you can say goodbye to all Tesla service centers throughout the entire state of Texas.

12. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

The Texas Senate version of the bill (SB 1415) has already been amended to eliminate the problematic language that could have potentially had this effect (see SB 1415 is fixed— No need to come to the Capitol on Thursday). The House version is likely to also be so amended. Better to follow the developments in the thread which is dedicated to following the issue: Senate Bill 1415 and House Bill 2940 - contact your representatives

• Informative x 1
  13. HiTechRedneck

HiTechRedneck Member

Has anyone been by the location to see if any progress has been made?

14. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Member

This site is VERY much needed--we're in Hurst and are weary of the ~50-mile round trip to the Dallas Love Field SC.

Thanks for the info: any recent updates?

15. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Fandango

I'll see if I can swing by Saturday.

16. fhaseltine

fhaseltine New Member

Please Finish repairing the Superchargers at Whitmore Street in Fort Worth.

17. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Fandango

There's another thread regarding the Whitmore supercharger. Latest info on status says Oncor is waiting on a part in order to activate the station.

I was last able to charge there in early January. A transformer fire took out the station at some point afterward. All of that has since been replaced. But it's still a waiting game...

I wasn't able to get by the proposed service center location (Bristol @ University Dr., northeast corner) today. The weather was just too lovely... :rolleyes: