Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fort Worth Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rumor had it that Tesla is building/remodeling a structure at the corner of Bristol and University, just south of White Settlement Road, to be a service center. I drove by yesterday (apologize for no pics; had friends and wife in car and was on a timetable) and it appears to be actually happening. A new structure in the back is unmistakably a service facility for cars complete with bays and rollup doors.

This is nice to see, given I brought my Model 3 home this past Thursday. Cedar Springs is a nice facility, but a fair drive from my house in Fort Worth. Glad to see Tarrant County catching up on needed amenities for our Teslas.

Reactions: vrykolas
Depending on where you are in Fort Worth, you may have seen mine about town. It's white with aeros, with a tall dude kicked way back in his seat and a Tesla grin on his face. :)

My wife and I checked up on the center again yesterday; it's definitely moving along toward completion. Supercharger construction has also begun at the Whitmore Street location, north of Montgomery Plaza. Makes me feel better about owning a Tesla in Fort Worth to see support for it developing quickly.

Reactions: drdumont
Finally got a decent photo of the Tesla Fort Worth Service Center yesterday, which appears to be at or near final stages of construction. No idea when it will open, but hopefully soon. For one thing, I'll love seeing the Tesla logo out front, just down the street from Range Rover/Land Rover and other car dealerships. :)

IMG_2554.jpg

Finally got a decent photo of the Tesla Fort Worth Service Center yesterday, which appears to be at or near final stages of construction. No idea when it will open, but hopefully soon. For one thing, I'll love seeing the Tesla logo out front, just down the street from Range Rover/Land Rover and other car dealerships. :)

View attachment 349721

Just drove by and checked this out. Looks exactly the same.

It appears that all construction on the Fort Worth service Center has been completely halted while waiting on a Texas Legislature ruling on whether or not TESLA can legally operate service centers within the state of Texas. A vote is supposed to come out in the next 30 days and if it goes against TESLA you can say goodbye to all Tesla service centers throughout the entire state of Texas.

It appears that all construction on the Fort Worth service Center has been completely halted while waiting on a Texas Legislature ruling on whether or not TESLA can legally operate service centers within the state of Texas. A vote is supposed to come out in the next 30 days and if it goes against TESLA you can say goodbye to all Tesla service centers throughout the entire state of Texas.
The Texas Senate version of the bill (SB 1415) has already been amended to eliminate the problematic language that could have potentially had this effect (see SB 1415 is fixed— No need to come to the Capitol on Thursday). The House version is likely to also be so amended. Better to follow the developments in the thread which is dedicated to following the issue: Senate Bill 1415 and House Bill 2940 - contact your representatives

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
Please Finish repairing the Superchargers at Whitmore Street in Fort Worth.

There's another thread regarding the Whitmore supercharger. Latest info on status says Oncor is waiting on a part in order to activate the station.

I was last able to charge there in early January. A transformer fire took out the station at some point afterward. All of that has since been replaced. But it's still a waiting game...

I wasn't able to get by the proposed service center location (Bristol @ University Dr., northeast corner) today. The weather was just too lovely... :rolleyes:

Frustrating, but Tesla is becoming a slave to the Quarterly Reports, as I guess they must for a few more years?

I presume they already own the building so the extra cost of just finishing it out can't be that expensive, can it?

Plus, it'll likely make a few more sales in the west DFW area come along and that'll be a good thing.

Any updates on this yet? Dallas is totally slammed over the holidays. I am getting a popping sound that sounds like a frame flex in the back passenger area, but also sounds like it could be the strut. I was hoping to have it checked out before my Cali road trip, but looks like I will be waiting until next year. The original appointment was scheduled for the 26th, and I adjusted it on the app to the 12th, but that got lost in their system somehow and was never confirmed. I am now booked for Jan 20th.