Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Autopilot until standard cruise control interface completed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@animorph AP2 hardware costs less than $1K. It's the software we are paying for. So yes, TACC only could easily be sold for $1k with margin, but it would cannibalize EAP purchases. The price we pay Tesla for AP1/AP2 isn't really correlated with tesla's hardware costs, it's features/supply/demand.

Like just about every other manufacturer, Tesla charges high prices for optional packages*
As much as the PUP and AP are tempting, I'm leaning more towards the base car as the days pass.

Toyota is something of an exception since they put basic AP features in I think most, perhaps all their cars. My base model Prius Prime has radar assisted dynamic cruise control, lane keep assist, and emergency braking.

regarding tacc what if they gave that away for free for the 3/31 in line stand on your feet all day orders who also had to wait 2 years.
Just venting. I do agree tacc would be a great thing. I would never use full eap so I never buy it. TACC would help with busy traffic.

I just received my model 3 (3/9) and currently have EAP. Can anyone else confirm this has happened to them as well?

While at the Tesla store, the person doing the orientation said that all 3's being delivered that day came with autopilot. I didn't question her as I thought she probably meant hardware!

To my surprise, I have EAP. Quite a first day impression. I know if I see an update, I'm going to be very hesitant in downloading

I just received my model 3 (3/9) and currently have EAP. Can anyone else confirm this has happened to them as well?

While at the Tesla store, the person doing the orientation said that all 3's being delivered that day came with autopilot. I didn't question her as I thought she probably meant hardware!

To my surprise, I have EAP. Quite a first day impression. I know if I see an update, I'm going to be very hesitant in downloading

You got luck....I wish they made this mistake in my 3 lol.

My EAP works as well and I didn't pay for it. My paper work when configuring says nothing about Autopilot, but the sticker shows Autopilot under "Configured" so lucky here too. Like Tsla007 said, would be nice gift to 3/31 reservations, I hope Tesla doesn't troll here and try and figure out who we are! No VIN request here!

My EAP works as well and I didn't pay for it. My paper work when configuring says nothing about Autopilot, but the sticker shows Autopilot under "Configured" so lucky here too. Like Tsla007 said, would be nice gift to 3/31 reservations, I hope Tesla doesn't troll here and try and figure out who we are! No VIN request here!

I wonder if you have VINs that were originally configured under a different order and then re-assigned to you after the original person cancelled or refused delivery or something.

When I configured my car, I got a VIN 3 days later and could take delivery in a week if I had been in town. So my car had already been made and was sitting on a lot somewhere and they just matched me up by color and wheels. It was an early VIN, so I suspected it was an employee's car that was configured then cancelled or switched out for some reason.

I picked up my model 3 on March 3rd. I did not pay for Autopilot but it was on my car. About 3 weeks later I got a call from a Tesla employee asking how I liked the car and asking how my free trial of AP was. He offer to let me keep AP for the 5k price not the 6k I would pay to get it later. I declined and he said it would be turned off. I am still waiting for it to be turned off.

Compare your sticker to your online configuration. It makes sense we got EAP from other pre-orders that were canceled bc Tesla was trying to make and ship the most they could in March before announcing earnings. Would like to think it was gift but a $5,000 gift?

Self-parking MIGHT be useful, if it can back into a parking spot while avoiding plants, mailboxes, other parked cars, cars on the road passing my house, etc. The only examples I've seen have the car parking head in (which doesn't cut it at superchargers) within a parking garage/lot/home garage. We have a short, relatively narrow driveway off of a rather busy street.

All we really want is TACC.
Sounds like you need new house in better location than a new car