Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Lifetime Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just took delivery of my new Model S yesterday and despite my multiple requests for unlimited free supercharging to be listed - it still doesn’t have it listed on the order form....or anywhere for that matter. My DS told me not to worry, it comes standard on all Model S now. One of the other senior members at the local Tesla dealership confirmed that it’s not going to say unlimited free supercharging anywhere. He said “it will list it on the app on your phone”...well, it doesn’t. On one of my forms it says “pay as you go supercharging”. Unfortunately my car is at an auto detailer about 100 miles from where I live and I’m not expected to get the car back for 8 days (right after the upcoming holiday weekend)...which is after the 1 week return policy.

So...should I be worried?

• Funny
Reactions: ryanwassi
So I just took delivery of my new Model S yesterday and despite my multiple requests for unlimited free supercharging to be listed - it still doesn’t have it listed on the order form....or anywhere for that matter. My DS told me not to worry, it comes standard on all Model S now. One of the other senior members at the local Tesla dealership confirmed that it’s not going to say unlimited free supercharging anywhere. He said “it will list it on the app on your phone”...well, it doesn’t. On one of my forms it says “pay as you go supercharging”. Unfortunately my car is at an auto detailer about 100 miles from where I live and I’m not expected to get the car back for 8 days (right after the upcoming holiday weekend)...which is after the 1 week return policy.

Says it on the order page but get an email from Tesla stating your car and vin gets it. Then you have legal recourse. If they refuse to do that then I would be worried, They did this same thing to me and even though I have it in writing they would not honor it. If it is included with your car you should get it. Cover your interests so you don't have to worry.

Says it on the order page but get an email from Tesla stating your car and vin gets it. Then you have legal recourse. If they refuse to do that then I would be worried, They did this same thing to me and even though I have it in writing they would not honor it. If it is included with your car you should get it. Cover your interests so you don't have to worry.

My DS (great guy, great communicator...have absolutely nothing against him and he’s helped me enjoy the whole Tesla experience) sent me an email that says the following:

“Fast Chg Allowed: Is Allowed”

He says this means I have lifetime free supercharging but that was the only thing on my account that suggests I have it. I know he’s doing his best to reassure me but I’ve heard way too many stories about Tesla not honoring things they should be honoring.

That sounds total BS to me. More likely the first thing that came into whoever said its’ head.
It was during delivery when I asked for confirmation that I had fusc. I placed my order a day before the new policy. Since I hadn't taken delivery, they petitioned the mothership to add it. Every time I talked with someone about my order, they would confirm that the fusc code had been added to my order.

Why you even took delivery before having a proof in writing is the question I am curious about? Why didn’t you refuse/cancel delivery? Wasn’t it obvious it was a shady game from Tesla from the get go?

Really hope you get this sorted out, but me personally, I’d rather return the car during 7 day return period and ask them to properly document fusc while ordering a new one. Or just leave if they won’t. You’re not their prisoner.

Not sure why it's such a big deal, it cost less than $10 to fill up. Do you not have home charging?

Not sure why it's such a big deal, it cost less than $10 to fill up. Do you not have home charging?

I love these kinds of posts. The fact that Tesla advertised it and sold you a car by claiming this is one of the features, but then not wanting to document it or actually follow through with it IS A HUGE problem. What does that say about the company? Does it really matter if it’s a cheap or an expensive feature? It’s not price at all, I really hope you can see that.

I took delevery just a few days before they announced it. I called Tesla before my 7 days was up and they said they would add it. Within a few days my referral programs 1000 miles disappeared from the app. Nothing anywhere said free superchargeing, and it said "pay as you go" on my account. Last week I tried a supercharger and sure enough, it was free. I've been checking back every few days when I think about it.... And today it says "unlimited free superchargeing"

I love these kinds of posts. The fact that Tesla advertised it and sold you a car by claiming this is one of the features, but then not wanting to document it or actually follow through with it IS A HUGE problem. What does that say about the company? Does it really matter if it’s a cheap or an expensive feature? It’s not price at all, I really hope you can see that.

Clearly you are new to Tesla.....this is the norm.

Get used to it.

Why you even took delivery before having a proof in writing is the question I am curious about? Why didn’t you refuse/cancel delivery? Wasn’t it obvious it was a shady game from Tesla from the get go?

Really hope you get this sorted out, but me personally, I’d rather return the car during 7 day return period and ask them to properly document fusc while ordering a new one. Or just leave if they won’t. You’re not their prisoner.

I took delivery because both DS personnel told me this is the case with all S/X. They also mentioned it in several emails because I wouldn’t let it go. I asked my DS to please send me something...anything to reassure me and that’s when he responded with that quote:

Fast Chg Allowed: Is Allowed

Whatever that means.

For me I don’t think free unlimited supercharging is indicated on the app but I do see it under “Supercharging Status” when I log into mytesla account. I assume it doesn’t say that there for you?

I think it’s a shame that the lack of organization and accurate info often causes time wasting and frustration for owners.

I still have 6 days to return it. I’m quite tempted now after what I’m hearing.

• Informative
Reactions: erik_k
For me I don’t think free unlimited supercharging is indicated on the app but I do see it under “Supercharging Status” when I log into mytesla account. I assume it doesn’t say that there for you?

I think it’s a shame that the lack of organization and accurate info often causes time wasting and frustration for owners.

Downtown...you are a lifesaver - thank you. I checked my account and it didn’t say anything. Logged out and back in...and there it is. FUSC. Stress and anxiety gone. And to think I checked this a few times...ah the art of logging out/in ;) Thank you!:)