Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free super charging for California wildfires. Nice!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
or at least send tankers to replenish stations non-stop so people can drive out of harms way but don't see that.
Having been in an evacuation where it took me 11.5 hours to drive ~45 miles--including govt. making it so that traffic could drive the same direction on both sides of the freeway--I can assure you that it's not that simple.

Reactions: David99
What triggers the notification of free supercharging? Is it residential address or proximity to a SC in fire effected areas of Cali?

Residetal address. The registered address in my account is 90 miles away but I work near the affected area and stay there weekdays. Somehow Tesla knows I'm in the affected area based on my car's location, not registered address. That's pretty cool.

Oh the supercharger I was using is not in the affected area. They probably can't do it based on SC proximity or else everyone would qualify by going to those SCs.

Some areas close by the fire are losing electricity and/or internet, so I feel what Tesla is doing is great. Many new buyers are getting 6 months free of supercharging so giving out free SC for just a few more model 3 for 1 month is just a drop in the ocean.

Last edited:
Someone will have to explain to me how this is in any way helpful.

Doctor, you either seem to have some myopia or you are wearing blinkers.

I assume that you have your own medical practice and that you treat scores of patients each week with a variety of ocular conditions. In other words, you are not only a physician and surgeon, but also a businessman. I would suspect that you provide your patients with complimentary disposable sunglasses to those who have their pupils dilated. You might also provide certain patients with complimentary steroid eye drops, antihistamine eye drops, or other prescription eye drops. They might be samples from a pharmaceutical rep or they might be samples purchased outright. Regardless, you have your reasons, and your patients do not question your motives or your selection process.

Tesla is trying to provide some small measure of comfort to its customers. Like a greeting card, it is the thought that counts.

• Love
Reactions: jboy210