Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont and Menlo Park Loaners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC Members,

I'm curious to whether the Fremont and Menlo Park service centers actually have any more loaner cars after the fact that so many of them were bought. If anybody knows what type of cars as well as their configs., that would be great to know. I'm looking to upgrade my 85kw to a performance model.

Thanks,
John

Toronto had a P85 for only two weeks before it was sold. Fortunately they have 3 Roadsters.

I'm dubious that the car was sold to an existing owner. I'll bet the cars end up being sold to someone off the street who insists on getting a car NOW.

My take: unless Elon bans selling loaners to non-owners, the service centers will almost never have loaner cars.

Toronto had a P85 for only two weeks before it was sold. Fortunately they have 3 Roadsters.

I'm dubious that the car was sold to an existing owner. I'll bet the cars end up being sold to someone off the street who insists on getting a car NOW.

My take: unless Elon bans selling loaners to non-owners, the service centers will almost never have loaner cars.

Agree with this. So far, the loaners situation - atleast in high traffic service centers such as the ones here in NorCal - is ridiculous. Tesla has simply ended up creating a mechanism for backdoor sales that bypasses the wait list and has done nothing on the lines of the outstanding service program (with top-of-the-line spec loaners) that Elon announced.

It really speaks to the fact that there is a percentage of the car buying public who simply will not wait to get a car and why there will be a need to have inventory cars available for immediate delivery.

Service issue aside, this is good for margins. "Sure you can have a car right now, but it will have to be a top-of-the-line with every option."

I still think this was the intention of the loaner car program. Give it time, eventually the backlog will get filled, and there will be a steady stream of new loaner cars coming in to replace those that are sold off.

I had a loaner from Costa Mesa about two weeks ago. It was a P85 with over 7000 miles and a VIN in the 1200s. Maybe a trade in for P85+ or a test drive car? It was fully loaded and had child seats.

they should not be selling loaners!!!!!!!!!!! They are for people getting their car serviced!!!!!!!! And if they are going to give us enterprise rental they need to pay for at least half of the gas. I did not buy an electric car to pay for gas!

Eventually the crazy demand will diminish. Until then, if they are selling the highest end models, that's awesome.

I suppose, not having MS loaners should reduce the number of people bringing in their cars for service, which would also reduce costs.

Eventually it will all balance out but until then, I hope they make a killing off selling those loaded vehicles.