Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From an experienced performance tuner and racer: "Best car I've ever driven."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I sold my S2000 in March I had it serviced and tuned at a major performance shop here in Baltimore. I had left some parts there and drove over today in my Model S to pick them up. One of the owners of the shop, who's an experienced racer and has driven just about every performance car made, tool a close look at the Model S. He loved the look of the cockpit and thought the entire design was incredibly well integrated. Knowing he was a great driver, I offered him a chance behind the wheel, which he snapped up in a flash.

He was incredulous about the performance of the car, and especially impressed by the instant torque and power. "Warp drive" he called it. He said several times how much better the Model S was than the BMWs he had driven. When we returned to the shop he had the Tesla grin and couldn't stop tell all of his mates how great the car was.

He said as I left "The Model S is now my favorite car. I'm going to start saving up for one."

We have another advocate among knowledgeable car experts.

Before I sold my S2000 in March I had it serviced and tuned at a major performance shop here in Baltimore. I had left some parts there and drove over today in my Model S to pick them up. One of the owners of the shop, who's an experienced racer and has driven just about every performance car made, tool a close look at the Model S. He loved the look of the cockpit and thought the entire design was incredibly well integrated. Knowing he was a great driver, I offered him a chance behind the wheel, which he snapped up in a flash.

He was incredulous about the performance of the car, and especially impressed by the instant torque and power. "Warp drive" he called it. He said several times how much better the Model S was than the BMWs he had driven. When we returned to the shop he had the Tesla grin and couldn't stop tell all of his mates how great the car was.

He said as I left "The Model S is now my favorite car. I'm going to start saving up for one."

Nice. I have actually been seeing a fair number of Model S's in the Timonium/Baltimore/Owings Mills area over the past couple of months. I am scheduling a test drive for the end of the month but I pretty much know what to expect after having driven a roadster (I'm expecting an urge to empty my bank account on the spot).

Cool story artsci. I had the same experience last month. A friend who has always had high performance sport cars. Been to numerous race driving schools over the years. I told him to drive it like he stole it and he did. He jumped out and said: "I'm getting one." I told him about the P+ and he said "yeah, that's the one I'm getting."

I dropped by the BMW dealership with my P85 and let my sales bud drive it. I've been buying cars from him for 20 years, he obviously knows BMWs well and was the Indy Lights champion before he retired from racing (knows how to drive). He came away going "holly slip" that was the most fun I've ever had in a new car. He understands why he lost a customer.

My wife went to test drive a Lexus SUV today. The salesman asked what other cars were in the family. She told him I have a Tesla. He then spent the rest of the drive talking about how great the Tesla was. Couldn't stop!
Forget about the Lexus... this guy should be working for Tesla. Oh, wait. I guess he is!

Best care I've ever driven /= best car I've ever owned

Funny, I went to 'look' at the Focus Electric and ended up giving the sales guy a test ride in My S!
never even drove the electric Focus.. where the hell is the storage in that thing anyway :confused: just like a Leaf

He couldn't stop commenting on how awesome every detail of the S was and was blown away by the speed and handling (gave him a quick but decent test ride ;>

I dropped my wife off to pick up her Subaru after some maintenance was done. The entire sales floor and service center emptied out and came to look at my car. My wife had to ask 3 different people to get her keys because they kept getting distracted by the Model S.