Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 MS 100D and I’m concerned about damaging the bottom of the front bumper lip. I know PPF will protect the front-end, but pulling up against curbing will tear right through that film.

Can anyone recommend a product that will protect the bottom of the lip??

Thanks!

Not to point out the obvious but my car can be made to reset its ground clearance according to geographic location.

(of course sometimes it only remembers this After I scratch the front lip once, and then set the air suspension to remember and pump up higher when in that area again)

Be-careful about raising suspension to solve this problem. I have the same feature but it is known to lower when in park and off. I know the concerns with that and there are plenty of other threads where owners have parked with clearance over a parking stop to only come out and find their car has lowered onto it with resulting front spoiler damage.

Be-careful about raising suspension to solve this problem. I have the same feature but it is known to lower when in park and off. I know the concerns with that and there are plenty of other threads where owners have parked with clearance over a parking stop to only come out and find their car has lowered onto it with resulting front spoiler damage.

WOW, never thought about that :/

Interesting, that’s never happened to me. I’ve had the opposite happen. When parked in Low and it came back to Standard after returning to the car.

Get into the habit of backing in. After you learn how to position the car for a 1 point turn backin, it really does not take much extra time. Your visibility coming out of the spot is so much better when you can pull straight out, instead of having to reverse out.

• Informative
Reactions: thinklabinc
This is the damage that happened to our P90d loaner as a result of coming to rest on a supercharger bumper and my wife not waiting to back out. The lip is broken and the entire bumper was displaced.
Since I made sure to buy an S with standard suspension, we weren’t aware of the 5-15 second adjustment period.

Attachments

• 10BCF2B0-7E1E-43BC-9C18-776D6EC6DD77.jpeg
    10BCF2B0-7E1E-43BC-9C18-776D6EC6DD77.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 199