Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Center Console Insert That Doesn't Slide Under the Access Door ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an interior front center console insert that doesn't slide completely under the access door?

Having to reach underneath the insert every time to slide back into position is a hassle - All it would need is a slightly longer lip - Was thinking of supergluing a pull string to the the insert but that seems like a crude fix - Any ideas appreciated !!!

Is there an interior front center console insert that doesn't slide completely under the access door?

Having to reach underneath the insert every time to slide back into position is a hassle - All it would need is a slightly longer lip - Was thinking of supergluing a pull string to the the insert but that seems like a crude fix - Any ideas appreciated !!!
I've only ever had one sliding tray, and its front lip is easily accessible by fingertip to slide it back in position after I (occasionally) slide it forward to access the lower compartment. I also haven't had any problems with it sliding forward accidentally on its own, but possibly it would if it had some really heavy items in there.

The one I use is the Jowua Premium Center Console Tray. When you buy it, you choose the silicone tray insert color and style, two or three compartments. The silicone insert fits into the actual sliding carrier which is ABS I think.

To pull it back towards the rear of the car, I find it very easy to put my finger on the top edge of the tray which is still exposed. No need to reach under it.

The only other thing to note is that this particular design has a shallow recess in it's shape, because it's designed to mate with the Jowua USB lhub+light accessory, which I also bought but you don't have to. Without the hub in place there's a small gap there but I think it's a minor consideration.