Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front collission warning, cruise and AP stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got in my M3 yesterday and I had non functioning front collision warning systems, cruise control and auto pilot. Tried multiple soft reboots (pressing both steering wheel buttons) and still nothing. After I got to my destination I did a hard restart (both steering wheel buttons + brake pedal) and the systems came back.

Ever happened to any of you before? Anything to worry about? Should I be contacting service?

Depending on what software version you have I've seen the autopilot system crash and reboot, i would probably say your fine and don't need to worry about service unless it keeps happening, what software version is currently on your car

Apparently reset doesn't restart the autopilot computer. Possibly hard reset might do it. But the one thing that's really supposed to do it is the car going to sleep. But the car won't go to sleep if you use sentry mode all the time though. So they recommend periodically parking car without sentry mode at some location to trigger a reboot of the autopilot computer if this is an issue.

Reactions: Muskol