TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Front door armrest changes

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by qadaemon, Mar 6, 2017.

1. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

The armrests on the front doors on my X (White interior) are almost perfectly flat/level and actually rather comfortable. I currently have a signature X loaner with black interior, and the door-side armrests are at an angle--perhaps 60 degrees or so--and not nearly as comfortable. Is this a difference between the signature X's and, the black and white interior, or something else? If I were to get another X I'd like to make sure it would have the flatter version.

Thanks!

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

The flatter version arm rest is probably one of the many tweaks Tesla has made to the X since it was first released. If you order a new vehicle, I'm sure it will have the flatter arm rest, plus any other new tweaks.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the grand-opening of a new Tesla store and got to see a new X. I noticed a lot of changes in the trunk area and the 2nd/3rd row area. Not to mention AP2.0 changes.

When Tesla updates the X with:
    - their new 2170 batteries with a solid glass electrolyte (with 400 mile range)
    - HUD interface
    - folding 2nd row pedestal seats
    - full-self-driving software

then I'll look to upgrade my X. :)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Excellent; I figured as much but the production dates are so close I wanted to make sure mine wasn't the "old" style. I wouldn't be looking to change so quickly except mine can't seem to stay out of the SC.

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Are you able to post some pics?

• Like x 1
  5. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Sure, I'll grab some. It will be a few days until they get mine back to me for comparison.

• Like x 1
  6. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Thanks. I do know my early model curved arm rest is pretty much useless. Curious to see how they compare.

7. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Here's an album, hope the changes are evident.

The black is the signature p90d loaner. The white is my 90d built about 2 months later with what I think are better arm rests.

Model X armrest differences

• Like x 2