Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Heating Pump

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Starway2001

MYP | Red/White | OD 8/20 | VIN #318 11/24
Jul 22, 2021
West Coast
My MYP's front heating pump runs constantly. 24/7. I lose 8-10 miles of range every day when the car is not in use. The constant running prevents the car from ever going to sleep. Tesla service shrugs shoulders. Frustrated. The car's cameras periodically stop working as well. In the PC computer world all signs like this point to a faulty motherboard. Wondering if something similar is going here.

Finally got Tesla to agree to let me bring it in.... IN THREE WEEKS!

Also, we've tried every form a rebooting known to man. Sentry mode is off. USB is unplugged. Cabin overheat is off.

My MYP's front heating pump runs constantly. 24/7. I lose 8-10 miles of range every day when the car is not in use. The constant running prevents the car from ever going to sleep. Tesla service shrugs shoulders. Frustrated. The car's cameras periodically stop working as well. In the PC computer world all signs like this point to a faulty motherboard. Wondering if something similar is going here.

Finally got Tesla to agree to let me bring it in.... IN THREE WEEKS!

Also, we've tried every form a rebooting known to man. Sentry mode is off. USB is unplugged. Cabin overheat is off.
Does the outside air temperature (OAT) display on the Tesla Model Y main screen display a reasonable value or is the reading obviously wrong, i.e. way too high in temperature. The OAT sensor is located inside the front right wheel well. The wire harness for the OAT sensor is vulnerable to being damaged by rodents. This could cause the Tesla Model Y to run the radiator fan and/or AC compressor continuously.

Reactions: Starway2001
Does the outside air temperature (OAT) display on the Tesla Model Y main screen display a reasonable value or is the reading obviously wrong, i.e. way too high in temperature. The OAT sensor is located inside the front right wheel well. The wire harness for the OAT sensor is vulnerable to being damaged by rodents. This could cause the Tesla Model Y to run the radiator fan and/or AC compressor continuously.
You could very well be right. Tesla tech just messaged me that they think there's a wiring problem with the car.

Just got another word from Tesla service: They will NOT be providing a loaner car, nor a rental car, no Uber credits. We're on our own. Sorry for the inconvenience. This supposed "luxury brand" continues to disappoint me.

Just got another word from Tesla service: They will NOT be providing a loaner car, nor a rental car, no Uber credits. We're on our own. Sorry for the inconvenience. This supposed "luxury brand" continues to disappoint me.
Not surprising unfortunately. I had to jump through 1000 hoops to get a loaner about 1 year ago. Now they aren’t even giving Uber credits.

I have the perfect solution though. Buy a 2nd Tesla and then, unless your really lucky, you will have your own loaner when the other goes in for service 😎

And if you buy a 3rd, it’s almost impossible that you will be without a loaner. I like this solution so much better than Uber credits.

• Funny
Reactions: Art84
If you can, try another service center slightly further away. Most give loaners. But they definitely don't claim to be a luxury brand - that's on you!