Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been using a front license plate wrap on a model 3? Apparently it is sort of legal and it is a thing you can get from this company: Tested by the California Highway Patrol of Sacramento

I am wondering:
Does this work well?
Have people tried it?
Does it damage your paint?
Does it peel off?
Does it look good?
Wrap.png

It's the same size as original license plate. My wrap is on top of PPF. I haven't tried to remove it, but have heard of someone else removing it to reposition plate. Other drivers cannot tell it's a wrap or do a double take when they see it. The pilot project runs till early part of 2020. If approved the plate will stay, else will look for my heat gun. LIcense plate numbers altered to protect the guilty.

Attachments

• its-a-wrap.jpg
    its-a-wrap.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 941
  • wrap.two.jpg
    wrap.two.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 907
I have one and I think it's one of the best mods to spend $50 on.

Does this work well? Absolutely high quality. It is so high quality in fact, that if you position it too high up on your bumper in the center, it will interfere with the car's sensors for TACC, according to many reports. Fortunately for me, even though I had no idea at the time of applying this, I still put it high enough that it didn't interfere with any of my sensors.

Have people tried it? See below for my photos.

Does it damage your paint? It sticks on just as well as the HOV stickers, I presume.

Does it peel off? I believe with this one, you can use a heat gun and slowly peel it off painstakingly.

Does it look good? You'll have to judge it for yourself based on the photos attached.

dusk.jpg
licenseplatewrap.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jejunjm and Vinc
Well, if the choices are:
1) having no plate at all on the front, or
2) having this wrap plate on the front.

Does having the wrap plate make it more or less likely that you will be pulled over for a "front plate conversation" in the state of CA? Opinions? What do you think?