Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Parking Sensor Not Working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came here to say I was having the same problem. Took the car in to service and they ran diagnostics claiming the sensors were working normally. I had a model 3 before this with no PPF so I know for certain they were not working as well.

I brought the car back to my wrap guy and he said he has done a lot of Tesla’s and only one or two have ever reported issues with their parking sensors. Nonetheless he was willing to try cutting around them for me. We did a before and after test where he stood in front of each sensor to see if it was working. Before cutting out the PPF, not a single one of the front sensors was detecting him. After he cut them out, the car immediately began detecting a wall to my right that it hadn’t reported before, and when he stood in front of each sensor it detected him as expected.

So here’s one more piece of evidence that cutting PPF around the sensors solved the problem.
Just for clarification. I'm having the same problem, and I'm wondering where exactly the cut needs to be. After the cut, is the inside of the circle wrapped? Do I just need to remove the wrap around the "ring" area. Like just take a knife into the edge of the circle and work it around?