Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger restraint system faulted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from Tesla service to say that they are aware of the issue. A new firmware will be issued in the next few weeks to fix it. In the meantime a workaround is to move the front passenger seat forward couple of inches.

I feel very happy about service reading ahead on their schedules to see if they can assist in advance without having to wait for your service day. Also that a workaround is given so I and others with this alert popping up wont be so annoyed.

Just got a call from Tesla service to say that they are aware of the issue. A new firmware will be issued in the next few weeks to fix it. In the meantime a workaround is to move the front passenger seat forward couple of inches.

I feel very happy about service reading ahead on their schedules to see if they can assist in advance without having to wait for your service day. Also that a workaround is given so I and others with this alert popping up wont be so annoyed.
I had to leave my M3 at the service center earlier today for this exact error message... and I JUST had it delivered to my home the night before. They checked the car logs real quick and didn't find anything conclusive so they told me it would be better to leave the car there just to be safe. So is this really just a firmware problem and not a real safety issue? If so, I'm going to go pick it up ASAP (I guess Monday since they aren't open on Sunday)... talk about a tease, driving it for 9 miles after delivery and then having to leave it at the service center for 2 or 3 days!

I had to leave my M3 at the service center earlier today for this exact error message... and I JUST had it delivered to my home the night before. They checked the car logs real quick and didn't find anything conclusive so they told me it would be better to leave the car there just to be safe. So is this really just a firmware problem and not a real safety issue? If so, I'm going to go pick it up ASAP (I guess Monday since they aren't open on Sunday)... talk about a tease, driving it for 9 miles after delivery and then having to leave it at the service center for 2 or 3 days!

I would get it back and try the workaround. I dont have anyone that needs the passenger seat at the extreme end ad moving it an inch or so forward did work for me. No more annoying fault error every few seconds.

I suppose they read the service description and when I placed a service call pnline, I put the exact message in.

Less time in the shop is better :)