Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger window randomly goes down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turns out my original suspicion was correct. Bad switch on the passenger side.

Did learn something new yesterday, if your puddle lights arent fully seated to the electrical connector, it can also cause the window to go down. The power for the puddle lights runs from the window switch and a power imbalance can cause odd things to happen. According to the SC guy.

photo for giggles.

Attachments

• 20190718_115957.jpg
    20190718_115957.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 98
I have had my M3 for a month. Once when traveling on a ferry I returned to my car and found the rear passenger window all the way down. There had not been a passenger in the rear seat. I thought someone had broken my window until I realized there was no glass.

Yesterday I returned to my car and saw rain drops on the front seat. The window was in the slightly lowered position as if it had not rolled up after the door was closed.

I’m planning to make a habit, at least for a while, of walking around the car when I park to determine whether it is user error or a problem with the car.

Fortunately, buying the car has impoverished me sufficiently that I have nothing valuable to keep in the car. :)

I have had my M3 for a month. Once when traveling on a ferry I returned to my car and found the rear passenger window all the way down. There had not been a passenger in the rear seat. I thought someone had broken my window until I realized there was no glass.

Yesterday I returned to my car and saw rain drops on the front seat. The window was in the slightly lowered position as if it had not rolled up after the door was closed.

I’m planning to make a habit, at least for a while, of walking around the car when I park to determine whether it is user error or a problem with the car.

Fortunately, buying the car has impoverished me sufficiently that I have nothing valuable to keep in the car. :)
Keep a running tally of when you notice problems and get into the SC. The cars diagnose themselves.

i had this randomly happen to me while parked. i had seen a few of these threads pop up with lots of accusation and assumptions and not much help, so now it has me concerned.

i'm hopeful that pulling the logs is successful. having that happen is quite unnerving and i wish there were a way to check/control them from the app, etc.

i have a service appt scheduled for this week so hopeful i can inquire about it then.

This is a design flaw. My Model 3 has been taken in 7 or 8 times - its there now. They say nothing's wrong and yet my car keeps experiencing inside rain showers because the window is down and things have been stolen. I would not have bought this car had I known I would constantly have to deal with a window being open - we are so vigilant about looking. It is unacceptable. Tesla needs to figure this out and create a fix. And it is only with certain Model 3 so it may be an assembly problem, I really don't know. None of my loaners have done this. Also, neither my husband nor I - or really anyone I know - has ever driven any kind of car that has a problem like this. IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED BY TESLA and they need to stop saying its driver mistake. This feels like its rising to a class action situation . . . honestly, I am so fed up. I love the car but service is lousy and they can't fix problems that arise.

• Disagree
Reactions: TexasTezla
I have occasionally noticed my passenger and a read window go down about a half inch when I close the drivers door. And I didn’t accidentally hit the switch. In fact, it has happened when closing it from the outside. Might be related to what someone mentioned about the power being connected to the puddle light.

This is a design flaw. My Model 3 has been taken in 7 or 8 times - its there now. They say nothing's wrong and yet my car keeps experiencing inside rain showers because the window is down and things have been stolen. I would not have bought this car had I known I would constantly have to deal with a window being open - we are so vigilant about looking. It is unacceptable. Tesla needs to figure this out and create a fix. And it is only with certain Model 3 so it may be an assembly problem, I really don't know. None of my loaners have done this. Also, neither my husband nor I - or really anyone I know - has ever driven any kind of car that has a problem like this. IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED BY TESLA and they need to stop saying its driver mistake. This feels like its rising to a class action situation . . . honestly, I am so fed up. I love the car but service is lousy and they can't fix problems that arise.
7 or 8 times and they say nothing is wrong? I'm not buying it. Also, resurrecting a zombie thread? Hmmm