Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front signal assembly which includes a light illuminating the direction one is turning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I saw this someplace but can't find it now. Basically, when you turn on your signal, it illuminates the direction in which you are turning so you can clearly see what is ahead in that direction. The videos were impressive and the safety aspect of this greatly appeals to me.

Does anyone know where I can find this again?

TIA - Richard

Cadillac has had a Corning light included on all their models for many decades.
Is this feature that what you are making reference to?

Cadillac = Side Light 1 .jpeg
Cadillac = Side Light 2 .jpeg

Or are you making reference to the Tesla Matrix lights?

Last edited:
I know I saw this someplace but can't find it now. Basically, when you turn on your signal, it illuminates the direction in which you are turning so you can clearly see what is ahead in that direction. The videos were impressive and the safety aspect of this greatly appeals to me.

Does anyone know where I can find this again?

TIA - Richard
My 2014 Model S had cornering lights.

I agree. I thought it would just be a gimmick, but it is actually useful when driving at night.
I seriously view it as a safety issue. When turning onto dark streets at night I can't see squat. I think my last car had a wider set of beams, I don't recall it being such a problem.

Also, I apparently have matrix headlights. Can anything be done with those that you know of?

I seriously view it as a safety issue. When turning onto dark streets at night I can't see squat. I think my last car had a wider set of beams, I don't recall it being such a problem.

Also, I apparently have matrix headlights. Can anything be done with those that you know of?

I believe the matrix lights don't have the ability to shine to the side. In my early Model S it was not a moving light, it was just a separate LED aimed to the side that was turned on when the steering wheel was turned over a certain amount. Really not that high tech. Unfortunate that Tesla decided to remove it.

Hum, looking at that product, it seems like way too much of an angle. So much, that if the car in one of the example pictures was in the right lane trying to make a right, the extra light would only be seeing the part of the curb you’re already passing.

I have found that I needed to turn on the fog lights with my previous two vehicles (Honda HR-V and Fit) to see where I’m turning. But with the MYP, I don’t need to turn on the fog lights and can still see fine.

For one thing, you seem way too close to your left, making that left.

But more importantly, I think it would be better if you made a “with and without” set of shots going the same speed and making the same turns. Because honestly, it still doesn’t look all that useful.