Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front trunk open alert, but frunk not open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, car began warning that the frunk was open, but it was not. Opened and closed frunk several times, appears to be closed properly. Rebooted center screen, dash, and powered off and on car, as per Tesla Service when I called them. The car is still able to drive but the three ding warning constantly chimes. Tesla service has referred this to the nearest service center, which unfortunately is not local (a few hundred miles away), so I would hope a ranger would be able to fix. As luck would have it, I need to use the car on a longer trip today and I also need to transport an interview candidate later today -- will be a poor advertisement for Tesla when the car keeps chiming! Anyone have a fix for this? Is there a fuse that can be removed temporarily? I searched the manual but can't find any user options.

I had the same issue and they book me an appointment 3 week later.

They offered no solution to mute the sound what so ever, and it does become distracting while driving and can cause in itself a safety issue !

I also had to do a full day of driving the next day this occur so I threaten that I would pull fuses one by one until it stop beeping and they didn't seem to mind.

But by the next day, the problem stopped. In my case, the issue was triggered by humidity. The full frunk mechanism was damaged by rust, causing the frunk to be impossible to open for a while, in the end it got better as I played with it.

But 2 month latter when I finally had the service (They didn't have the tesla loaner the first time), I had the beeping issue again 2 day before my appointment, and my garage was SUPER humid following a rain the day before. The first time was after a snow storm and my car was full of snow when I put it in the garage.

Your problem might be different, but you could try to make sure your car is in a very dry environment for a night. Else I would start pulling fused out :)

I'm guessing there is a fuse that handle the sound system, and since the sound seem to come from it, that would disable it. But you would lose all the sound, radio, gps, and all other warning sounds.

Though the sound system voltage might be linked to other part of the car...

One thing I didn't try again was to call back california service and talk to a higher level guy... They do have remote access to the car and ability to push fixed... I'm sure they could push something that would disable that audio warning !

Good luck !