Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front USB ports not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On or around December 24, 2021 my two front USB data ports (in 2021 Model X) stopped working. No data transfer; no or very little power. (I tested all four front USB ports and the 12v accessory outlet with a AVHzYCT-2 USB port voltage meter.) The 12v accessory port (cigar-lighter-like thing) right next to the USB data ports still has power as do the two rear power-only USB ports.

I suspected (a) this year's Holiday software update from Tesla or (b) a blown fuse as the culprit, but Tesla Service seems to think it is a hardware failure. In early January when I discovered the problem, and after I tried the usual steps (car reboots, substituting a different USB drive, etc.) with no success, I secured a mobile repair appointment, which was delayed once by Tesla (in order to get parts?) until January 31, 2022. I really hope they can fix the problem because it is worrisome not having Dashcam and Sentry Mode video storage.

Interesting to read these earlier reports (in this Thread) which sound very similar. I will report the outcome of the repair efforts on my car.