Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front window wind noise and not closing at speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cuttin

Oct 25, 2018
Nj
Hello, really need help. Long read but if someone had window noise and it got fixed please take the time and read and help.

2017 75d. Have for 2years.

Have been to service 8 times!!!

Starting from 1st month of ownership. For same exact issue. Slightly different presentations but very similar and nearly same.

Front drivers window wind noise when closing over 75mph or so.
Passenger window NEVER had an issue. Closes beautiful at even in heavy wind and much higher speeds.

Most of the times it seems to not close tightly with car but kind of too far outside, not flush. Proper height though, it seems. Then I slow down open it and close it again and it closes fine.

Other times, it will close flush but keep making noise. Then I have to, ILLOGICALY and contrary to physics, open it a bit. Tiny bit down, and noise stops.

Few times, it was also making a heavy dragging sound, like something stuck, on closing and opening. And there were marks, not scratches, but heavy marks on window.

They have replaced many components, have adjusted many things, have lubed it up, throughout my MANY visits for this. To no avail!

I want to ask to replace whole door and window but I'm thinking it may not help because the top part of window is the actual car frame. Ugh.

^ totally agree (even on our brand new 2020 MX). After the MX purchase, I cannot say I recommend Tesla anymore. Very disappointed on the built quality.

Do you have same problem?

Need solutions people.

I cannot say I don't love my tesla. Even being in the shop 8 times for this issue. And numerous other times for other issues...

It's still the best car I've ever had, and I've had some nice ones.

Still has the best tech out there and Best charging network. Car drives itself most of the time!

I wish someone came up with a new seal system and replace this crap. Just yesterday in the touch less car wash, water came in from the corners of the windows and front doors.. I never never had a car that did that before. Crap seals. Rest is ok.

I wish someone came up with a new seal system and replace this crap. Just yesterday in the touch less car wash, water came in from the corners of the windows and front doors.. I never never had a car that did that before. Crap seals. Rest is ok.

why are u so sure it’s the seals?

my other front door has ZERO issues.

granted I use drivers side more but still.

Noise, water coming in.. has to be seals, what else are you thinking could be the issue? misaligned doors? I dont think so, mine has 28K miles on it, and never had a problem until the past couple months. Has to be failing crap seals.

Noise, water coming in.. has to be seals, what else are you thinking could be the issue? misaligned doors? I dont think so, mine has 28K miles on it, and never had a problem until the past couple months. Has to be failing crap seals.

I have no water coming in. My car has more than 45k miles. Other window no issue.

I do think it's misaligned. Or window is bent. Or door is bent.

• Informative
Reactions: robbie211