Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front windows tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I had tint installed on my 2021 Model 3 and there are a few bubbles on the front windows and the big back window. The installer said they should go away within 2-3 days. He stated he couldn’t use a heat gun to get rid of them because of the double pane glass. I guess too much heat can cause them to break? The 2 rear door windows are perfect.

Yesterday I had tint installed on my 2021 Model 3 and there are a few bubbles on the front windows and the big back window. The installer said they should go away within 2-3 days. He stated he couldn’t use a heat gun to get rid of them because of the double pane glass. I guess too much heat can cause them to break? The 2 rear door windows are perfect.
Where did you wind up getting it done at? Local? I'm thinking of getting my rear windows done.

It has already been a week. You think I should give it a few more days?

Depends on the temperature where you are parking. If you are parking inside in a cool garage (California cool, 50s, 60s), it will take longer than if the car was out in bright CA sun all day. if you are parking in the cool garage, I would give it a couple of weeks before you drive it back to the tint place, as annoying as looking at those bubbles likely is.

Is it bubbles with air or water?
Appears to be water.
Depends on the temperature where you are parking. If you are parking inside in a cool garage (California cool, 50s, 60s), it will take longer than if the car was out in bright CA sun all day. if you are parking in the cool garage, I would give it a couple of weeks before you drive it back to the tint place, as annoying as looking at those bubbles likely is.
yep I park 5-6 hours in the sun and the rest is garage. I’ll give it a few more days.

Typical to wait up to 2 weeks. That's what the shop which did mine said, although I had no bubbles whatsoever after the first day.
Curious what you paid for ceramic tint. It was $460 for me, including a front sun stripe (Formula One Pinnacle)

Typical to wait up to 2 weeks. That's what the shop which did mine said, although I had no bubbles whatsoever after the first day.
Curious what you paid for ceramic tint. It was $460 for me, including a front sun stripe (Formula One Pinnacle)
I paid $500 all four windows and the entire rear window. He used suntek ceramic 20%. The back two windows have no bubbles at all and I’m assuming it’s because he was able to use the heat gun on those. The front two have a cluster of around 5-10 bubbles and the big rear window has 1-2 bubbles.