Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed that my 2021 M3LR does not have the rubber flaps at the top of the frunk lid. From the photo you can see where they wold be connected. Have these been omitted?
3FADDDD3-7621-4DE4-9028-56129BA6C735.jpeg

Noticed that my 2021 M3LR does not have the rubber flaps at the top of the frunk lid. From the photo you can see where they wold be connected. Have these been omitted?

I have no idea what you are referring to! The photo doesn't show the top of the lid so that's no help ... Anyway, the bonnet/frunk lid doesn't have rubber flaps so your's is not special.

If you are talking about the wee flaps that pull down then on the newer 2021 models they have been removed. The trunk is marginally smaller also as a result of the new more efficient heat pump they've squeezed in there.
Are you talking about the shopping hooks that were fitted on earlier cars? They pull up when in use… they’re not flaps and they don’t pull down but I can’t think what else you mean.

Clearly my original post was not clear enough and a picture speaks a thousand words. I am referring to the flaps fixed to the underside of the bonnet as per below mark up. I recall Tesla Bjoern talking about them, something to do with noise reduction. They are not installed on my 2021 model, see second photo.
Were these never installed in right hand drive cars?
7F547F8A-E49A-451C-AFD7-3F6DAC4B7BDC.jpeg

5AC3EE5A-DA38-48AC-AF3B-D6CD49F175D4.jpeg

Clearly my original post was not clear enough and a picture speaks a thousand words. I am referring to the flaps fixed to the underside of the bonnet as per below mark up. I recall Tesla Bjoern talking about them, something to do with noise reduction. They are not installed on my 2021 model, see second photo.
Were these never installed in right hand drive cars?View attachment 683086
View attachment 683087
I’ve had my car since 2019 and I’ve seen many photos of other people’s cars. I have read thousands of posts about them and seen countless videos but this one has totally passed me by! I have never seen such attachments before and I certainly don’t have them! I’ll be fascinated to discover if I’m the odd one out!