Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk hooks for Model 3 are apparently no longer a thing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I’m cross, because I emailed Service 6 weeks ago and quoted the part numbers, and silence was the response.

Maybe I should try again...

I've now sent 6 emails to [email protected] as a follow up to a St Leonards visit in December when they said they would order in the parts and get back to me. Four months and complete radio silence, not even a "thanks for your email, still waiting for the parts".

Frunk hooks secured!

I picked them up from Alexandria yesterday. They said they were a “special order” and very hard to get now. What that means for anyone else wanting them I have no idea. Even though I may rarely if ever use them, at least the froot now looks finished!

AFC487E1-B35D-4D30-ADAD-33B6BB096743.jpeg ACC8896F-B986-4646-BFC0-986EF8C27130.jpeg DA81C407-1B7B-4CD1-A475-75E6A7CBE9F4.jpeg

Alexandria Service had a lot of cars in the shed yesterday - they were pretty full. But one standout was a black Roadster. I had never seen one before. RHD too - I never knew that they ever made a RHD Roadster. Must be as rare as hens teeth. The service rep said it was probably imported from Hong Kong, but they didn’t know for sure.

They said I could look at it but absolutely no touching and no photos. I guess in the internet world, that means it didn’t happen :rolleyes:

Frunk hooks secured!

I picked them up from Alexandria yesterday. They said they were a “special order” and very hard to get now. What that means for anyone else wanting them I have no idea. Even though I may rarely if ever use them, at least the froot now looks finished!

View attachment 529141 View attachment 529142 View attachment 529143

Alexandria Service had a lot of cars in the shed yesterday - they were pretty full. But one standout was a black Roadster. I had never seen one before. RHD too - I never knew that they ever made a RHD Roadster. Must be as rare as hens teeth. The service rep said it was probably imported from Hong Kong, but they didn’t know for sure.

They said I could look at it but absolutely no touching and no photos. I guess in the internet world, that means it didn’t happen :rolleyes:

About 25 series 1 Roadsters were brought in before the Official Launch event for Model S in December 2014.
I had a test drive of the first Model S in Australia in early 2014 and it was from the service center in Mascot IIRC.
Had about 5 Roadsters in being serviced when we visited for the test drive.
Seams so long ago now. :(

This is reply I got from Tesla regarding Frunk Hooks:

Hi,

Unfortunately, all UK stock of these frunk hooks has been pulled back to our Parts Distribution Centre in the Netherlands so it can be made available for online orders.

They will be added to our online store in the very near future.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Order Parts UK Team
[email protected]

If they are going to be available on the Online Store, bearing in mind they only cost £1.10 each surely they aren't going to be able to ship with free delivery?? If they aren't I'm tempted to buy a few in bulk if anyone is interested so we don't all have ti pay individual P&P!

Reactions: Hungry Mile
This is reply I got from Tesla regarding Frunk Hooks:

Hi,

Unfortunately, all UK stock of these frunk hooks has been pulled back to our Parts Distribution Centre in the Netherlands so it can be made available for online orders.

They will be added to our online store in the very near future.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Order Parts UK Team
[email protected]

If they are going to be available on the Online Store, bearing in mind they only cost £1.10 each surely they aren't going to be able to ship with free delivery?? If they aren't I'm tempted to buy a few in bulk if anyone is interested so we don't all have ti pay individual P&P!
Um, you do realise you posted in the Australian forum? We don't have an online Tesla store here.