Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Latch Fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 M3LR here with 32K. wonderful car.
Last week, i drove 83 miles and 6K feet up to a wonderful camping area. After emptying the Frunk, I was unable to close it. Now, normally this is because the latch is partially engaged and all you have to do is to formally open the Frunk and try again.

Not this time. After more than a dozen tries, i knew this was going to be a problem. when i tried to drive the car, the software warned me that i'd be limited to 15MPH, which would make my drive home roughly six hours with long lines of traffic behind me. So, after one evening, i packed up, drove home, and scheduled service with Tesla.

The result was that the Frunk latch had failed and needed replacement, which Tesla did for free since i'm still under warrenty.

thank goodness

After more than a dozen tries, i knew this was going to be a problem. when i tried to drive the car, the software warned me that i'd be limited to 15MPH, which would make my drive home roughly six hours with long lines of traffic behind me.
So, that was you!

1690582584293.png

Reactions: LauraE