Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk latch stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Looking for your experiences regarding the manual hood unlock on the facelift Model S. The hood on our -17 suddenly stopped opening, you can hear the actuator but the hood remains locked in the lower position. No difference if you relieve the lock by pressing down on the hood. Opened up to the manual unlock wires but no success there either. The right wire that should be for the lower lock is free about 10cm out of the casing and feels numb if you pull further, the left side wire has a certain "hit" when you pull it but it doesn't help as long as the bottom lock refuses😅 Anyone with similar problem?

Feels line the upper lock probably works as it should since i feel some stroke in the left wire when activating to the frunk. The lower lock connected to the right wire does not react via activation or pull on the wire. (I estimate that i drag around 20kg and the wire fells solid without any movement).

Is there any other way to mecanicly reach the lower lock or cut the hood latch?

Here is one sketch about how to move the manual release, see the lock sketch only. So can you slip something under the half way opened hood so that you can move the second release to the side aswell?

304F580B-B0FA-4791-BA59-A2162A52E786.jpeg

I was referring to this section of the photo. You stated that you can move the left side by the manual release cable. If the first hook is released then can you use some object or your hand under the hood to release the right side so it will be unlocked?

6214E841-4F37-43C1-8A06-9B2BB37D1528.jpeg