Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk lid seal not attached all the way around?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talking about the big upper seal held on with clips, not the lower rim weather stripping. See pics. Is it supposed to be flush all the way around? Mine is attached in the front (by the headlights) with some kind of adhesive. So it's flush with the lid and I can't get my fingers in there. I think it's supposed to be attached in the back (by the windshield) too, because otherwise water gets in there and doesn't get out until I open the frunk. Then it pours out getting on everything. So if you were me, what would you use to attach this seal? Some kind of adhesive?

Attachments

• IMG_3137.jpeg
    IMG_3137.jpeg
    448.5 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_3138.jpeg
    IMG_3138.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 247
Mobile Service told me that his was identical to that. Mine is also the same. Probably no need to seal it entirely to the hood.
Mine’s the same. I can’t really see what the advantage of a tight seal to the hood would be. You don’t need an airtight compartment and any water is going to run down the sides from the weatherstripping. I think it’s more to prevent water from splashing in and maybe support the hood Against the frunk weather stripping.

Water only gets in mine when I go through a touchless car wash, presumably because of the high pressure of the water. Going through regular car washes and driving in the rain are fine. So I'm guessing, yes, it is supposed to be like this, and I just have to remember to leave the frunk lid open so the interior can dry out after I go through a touchless car wash.

Reactions: Jasaka25
Water only gets in mine when I go through a touchless car wash, presumably because of the high pressure of the water. Going through regular car washes and driving in the rain are fine. So I'm guessing, yes, it is supposed to be like this, and I just have to remember to leave the frunk lid open so the interior can dry out after I go through a touchless car wash.
You brave soul. I will never use any drive thru car wash. =)