Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk opening on its own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I returned to my car to find the frunk open, though I had not opened it. It is the second time this has occured (this time, I was leaving work, the first time, I was going to work in the morning). The phone app wasn't even open, so I'm pretty certain I didn't hit the button by mistake. I am concerned, since I consider(ed) the frunk the most secure place to store something in the car. Now I am reconsidering. Has anyone else had trouble with this?

Not to alarm you, but my screen had a small crack, first symptom was the frunk opening on its own from phantom button presses. After a few days the screen went haywire and started pressing buttons all over the place, including moving the seats while I was driving, turning heat to full, etc. screen was replaced under warranty. I didn’t see the almost invisible crack till the SC pointed it out. Car perfect otherwise.

• Informative
Reactions: JBT66
Today I returned to my car to find the frunk open, though I had not opened it. It is the second time this has occured (this time, I was leaving work, the first time, I was going to work in the morning). The phone app wasn't even open, so I'm pretty certain I didn't hit the button by mistake. I am concerned, since I consider(ed) the frunk the most secure place to store something in the car. Now I am reconsidering. Has anyone else had trouble with this?
Did it ever happen again? What resolved the issue in the end?