Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

frunk struts & frunk spring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thinking of changing the frunk struts so it opens automatically and also the frunk spring so less force is needed to close.
Has anyone from the UK managed to find any cheap options with work yet please?

Thanks

Bought, thanks!

Can anyone recommend the frunk struts then? Ideally not shipped from China.

I know you said not China, but bought most of my items from Luckeasy, and all have been good quality - I've these for the front and back :

#Aliexpress £12.54 9%OFF | LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017-2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set
US $15.55 8% OFF|LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set|Strut Bars| | - AliExpress

I know you said not China, but bought most of my items from Luckeasy, and all have been good quality - I've these for the front and back :

#Aliexpress £12.54 9%OFF | LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017-2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set
US $15.55 8% OFF|LUCKEASY For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Car Front cover/Tail box Automatic Hydraulic Support Rods 2pcs/set|Strut Bars| | - AliExpress
Thanks. Have bought from Luckeasy before, quality excellent and postage was fast so now bought.

Just doing the frunk for now. Worried that the wife will struggle to pull the boot down with the extra force required of the springs.

Reactions: 94jdh

Have tried to buy these but it says they don’t ship to my region? Tried a couple of different delivery addresses but get the same.

Attachments

• 146148A8-9C4A-4116-BD83-2C0FEA528B84.png
    146148A8-9C4A-4116-BD83-2C0FEA528B84.png
    344.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Informative
Reactions: Teamds
I bought drunk struts and spring from Greendrive and it was simple to install even with no DIY skills. Just Google Greendrive model 3 you'll find it
Cheers just had a look and it seems like a French site?
Prices are also quite high for the spring which I got for £4 for 2 of eBay but is 8 euro for one on there.
Couldn't see the frunk struts though

Just replaced the frunk spring, much less force required to close the frunk now although still feels sturdy.

Ordered these from the US around 6 weeks ago, first package got lost so they sent a replacement, then both packages arrived on the same day.

I now have 3 springs, want to keep one in reserve but if anyone would like one for free, just PM me your name and address and I'll send them on. First 2 PMs get them.

20200606_150944.jpg

Just replaced the frunk spring, much less force required to close the frunk now although still feels sturdy.

Ordered these from the US around 6 weeks ago, first package got lost so they sent a replacement, then both packages arrived on the same day.

I now have 3 springs, want to keep one in reserve but if anyone would like one for free, just PM me your name and address and I'll send them on. First 2 PMs get them.

View attachment 548524

Both springs now claimed.