Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS Pearl White P85DL+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bhzmark

Jul 21, 2013
Update sept 14
57,500 miles
December 2014 production,
Ludicrous upgrade
LTE upgrade

Things you can’t get on current S’s:
+ suspension
Dual chargers (can charge at home at 80 amps, 54 mph)
Pano roof
Next gen front and rear seats
yacht floor
Free supercharging

ESA purchased for 4 year and another 50k miles
front bumper cover was replaced to fix a tear, rear bumper cover has a few small scuffs
passenger rear quarter panel and hood have a few small rock chips
paint was originally treated with Cquartz
interior all clean, non smoker, no wear on the b pillar spot that always wears.
newer MXM4s on 19" cyclones (minor curb rash)

Runs great, rattle free and fast. 100% = 249 miles. Has been garaged, including during the day in office underground garage out of the daytime sun.

Only considering selling because a frequent long trip that I make can now be reached without super charging with the new longer range so I'm too tempted -- but it's a tough call. Just bought the ESA planning to hold it.

$50k ($46k + 4K for ESA). Car is in DC area.

PM me if interested. Edit to add see pics posted below.

upload_2019-4-23_23-3-53.png

Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4
Only considering selling because a frequent long trip that I make can now be reached without charging with the new longer range so I'm too tempted -- but it's a tough call. Just bought the ESA planning to hold it, but the new longer range ones are too tempting for me.

Man, I'm in the exact same boat, except my P85D+ doesn't have Ludicrous. Seriously considering selling it for one of the new ones -- which I said I'd never do until Tesla brought back the + suspension -- but with this new suspension they're talking about, it's a big step in the right direction. Decisions, decisions... :)

Good luck!

Reactions: BrokerDon
Man, I'm in the exact same boat, except my P85D+ doesn't have Ludicrous. Seriously considering selling it for one of the new ones -- which I said I'd never do until Tesla brought back the + suspension -- but with this new suspension they're talking about, it's a big step in the right direction. Decisions, decisions... :)

Good luck!

This is a pretty sweet bonus..

The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther

"We also want to emphasize the critical impact each of our early Tesla owners has had on advancing our mission, so as a thank you, all existing Model S and Model X owners who wish to purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car will get the Ludicrous Mode upgrade, a $20,000 value, at no additional charge."

This is a pretty sweet bonus..

The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther

"We also want to emphasize the critical impact each of our early Tesla owners has had on advancing our mission, so as a thank you, all existing Model S and Model X owners who wish to purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car will get the Ludicrous Mode upgrade, a $20,000 value, at no additional charge."

Is there a special link to order and get the free ludicrious? Or is in in the account home page? Very tempted to purchase a new X

• Helpful
Reactions: sach32
We absolutely LOVE our almost identical Ludicrous 2015 P85D+. It's definitely the best car I've had by far in 50 years of driving.
  • More economical than our snail slow 2012 Prius
  • Faster 0 to 60 than my 505 hp Corvette Z06
  • More room for our stuff than our 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Unlimited SMILES PER MILE
This P85D+ is HALF the cost as buying a new 2019 Performance Model S ("P100D") which is $110,200 with FSD + sales tax - $3,750 Federal tax credit - $20,000 "Free Ludicrous". OUCH

Somebody should grab this up.

Reactions: bhzmark
Just curious, I see your still running 2018 SW, is that by choice? Beautiful car.

That was an old screen shot of Teslafi -- I keep the software updated. Below is a current Teslafi battery report. The HV battery pack was replaced at about 44k miles and showed an increased range and remarkably holding steady at 249-250. i speculate that the newer pack might use improved chemistry or something improved to generate the low degradation.

other upgrades part improvements that have been done are listed below. it runs perfect including ludi performance:

Upgrades, part updates:
Ludi upgrade
LTE Retrofit
front and rear axles and jack shafts (and now keep suspension low)
pana roof seal
HV battery to 1031043-00-E
12v battery
rear DU
rear air springs
steering rack bolts
Takata airbag replaced

And ESA for next 4 years (or can get a refund if buyer doesn't want it).

upload_2019-7-30_6-42-7.png

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r
Almost 3 years later and I still have this P85DL+ but am not using it much at all (mostly on nice days when I want a sunroof) and have too many Teslas.

The info above is all still true (super clean, no accidents, original non-smoking owner) except mileage is now 87k and Teslafi reports full charge to 237 indicating just a 5% loss from max at 250.

Still free unlimited supercharging and free unlimited premium connectivity. Still has the extended warranty which takes the general warranty out to 8 years (March 2023) or 100k miles so still fully warrantied for another year.

I also have Titan 7 wheels on it now as well as the original OEM cyclones in boxes (the theory was I was going to use the Titan 7 for summer tires and the Cyclones for winters, but stopped driving to so much and it still has the Michelin all seasons on the Titan 7s.

Also did the MCU2 upgrade -- with the FM tuner add-on -- so the screen is super fast .

Attachments

• 1652661984883.png
    1652661984883.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 85