Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Availability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beta v11.4 is on software version 2023.6.15. This version is currently in the hands of employees only. Beta 11.4.1 and 11.4.2 will be rolling out in the coming weeks and using a similar software version (2023.6.15.1? 2023.6.16? we don't know yet).

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE. When beta v11.4.x goes wide to the fleet, because you have an older version of the software than beta is running on, you should be able to subscribe and receive the update.

No wait. See other threads for endless feedback on the subject
I agree with that statement, yet I know 2 people that subscribed and never got the update. One of them drove around for 2 months thinking they had it and paid for nothing more than they already had. The other person realized something was up after a couple weeks. Both owners are knew so not familiar with what the car could do with and without FSD. So, in summary, new subscribers beware and make sure you are actually getting what you subscribe.

I agree with that statement, yet I know 2 people that subscribed and never got the update. One of them drove around for 2 months thinking they had it and paid for nothing more than they already had. The other person realized something was up after a couple weeks. Both owners are knew so not familiar with what the car could do with and without FSD. So, in summary, new subscribers beware and make sure you are actually getting what you subscribe.
The problem is that some subscribers think they’re subscribing to FSD Beta, not “regular” FSD. For those people who already have EAP, subscribing only gets them Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control.

Reactions: DollarDay
So, in my 12/16 S P100D the original owner paid for FSD outright so it came with the car when I bought it BUT when I requested the BETA it did not work. Furthermore, my latest software update is 2022/8/11/13. Here's my question; shouldn't this car be able to use the FSD BETA since FSD was sold with the car? I took it to Tesla service and they are saying that the car can not handle FSD!

So, in my 12/16 S P100D the original owner paid for FSD outright so it came with the car when I bought it BUT when I requested the BETA it did not work. Furthermore, my latest software update is 2022/8/11/13. Here's my question; shouldn't this car be able to use the FSD BETA since FSD was sold with the car? I took it to Tesla service and they are saying that the car can not handle FSD!
Sounds like this is a HW1 car that uses the MobileEye system. In short it doesn't have the Tesla hardware needed for FSD Beta. FSD Beta requires HW3 or higher.

Similar to me. I thought I had it and went to my friends house, saw him actually use fsd on his x and realized I’m only using auto steer 😑

Reactions: Silicon Desert
If it was a HW1 car the original owner couldn’t have purchased FSD. Maybe the owner didn’t upgrade the HW necessary to run the Beta.
I took it in 2 weeks ago to get the eMMC upgrade and the upgraded cameras for FSD. Should I be able to get HW3 for free and can it be installed in an MCU1 car? The FSD package was sold on the MCU1 car so it should not require additional purchase to work, right?

I took it in 2 weeks ago to get the eMMC upgrade and the upgraded cameras for FSD. Should I be able to get HW3 for free and can it be installed in an MCU1 car? The FSD package was sold on the MCU1 car so it should not require additional purchase to work, right?
Any HW2+ car can be upgraded to support FSD, even with MCU1. The HW3 upgrade should be free if you purchase FSD, but I think you might have to pay to upgrade any other hardware. Even though an MCU1 car can support the FSD option, FSD Beta has more restrictive hardware requirements so you might not be able to get that without upgrading more than the AP computer.

Any HW2+ car can be upgraded to support FSD, even with MCU1. The HW3 upgrade should be free if you purchase FSD, but I think you might have to pay to upgrade any other hardware. Even though an MCU1 car can support the FSD option, FSD Beta has more restrictive hardware requirements so you might not be able to get that without upgrading more than the AP computer.
thanks! :)