Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 11.3.3 Problems #2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I'm done for the time being with trying out FSD beta 11.3.3, especially after the rather dangerous interaction turning left into two oncoming vehicles. I know others have had a lot of luck in urban environments with this build, particularly with left turns, but my experience is quite the contrary. The software can usually handle left turns at simple, relatively flat, perpendicular intersections for the most part, but it can't cope with the types of intersections in my area.

I'm pretty unhappy with the school zone speed sign problem. This should be a high priority for a company that prides itself on vehicle safety.

Maybe Telsa should take some notes from Waymo and Cruise. For the life of me, can’t figure out why Tesla FSD is getting worse, while other companies are getting much better. Tesla should be the giant in this field, yet Waymo and Cruise are spanking Elons bottom in this department. Hopefully HW4.5 if release in fall will have more cameras and an active Phoenix radar system that really works.

Or maybe they aren't doing quite as well.

Absolutely true. Teslas goal is Robotaxi and Waymo is actually doing it. Now granted, they still use a driver pretty often to co-pilot. I bet if Elon could simply add more cameras, LiDAR and the rest his tech, FSD would be getting praise right now. He has the tools and money to do it. But currently, we can’t even see if we are going to hit something pulling forward
You really don't understand the problems. Vision is NOT the problem. measurement of distance is NOT the problem. Tesla has these down pretty well. The reason why Tesla is getting rid of things is that they don't need the,.

The problem is what do you do in the extremely wide range of scenarios that exist around the US and the world?

Cruise and Waymo, aren't even able to drive without incident significantly less than 1% of the roads in the US. And these are the roads that they put drivers on at least once a day to validate that nothing has changed.

Vision is far less than the least of Tesla's problem.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
What is the advantage of even enabling this feature when you have to monitor it with anxiety, worse than driving with a teenage driver? I did not spend the $15,000 fee Tesla charges to test their product because of this reason on my new X Plaid. I think this is a waste of money and Tesla should be paying people to risk their lives testing their product.. I'm failing to see why someone would want to use this instead of just driving themselves.
because your experience applies to you and not me :) yes many people seem to be more nervous about using FSD. A few of us are not. I've been really enjoying using it on my long trips in the last year. Hopefully things will get better for you over time.

Maybe Telsa should take some notes from Waymo and Cruise. For the life of me, can’t figure out why Tesla FSD is getting worse, while other companies are getting much better. Tesla should be the giant in this field, yet Waymo and Cruise are spanking Elons bottom in this department. Hopefully HW4.5 if release in fall will have more cameras and an active Phoenix radar system that really works.
Waymo and Cruise aren't as advanced as Tesla FSD. They're apples to oranges. My car can (mostly) drive itself anywhere in the US. Waymo and Cruise are jealous.

Reactions: Yelobird
What is the advantage of even enabling this feature when you have to monitor it with anxiety, worse than driving with a teenage driver? I did not spend the $15,000 fee Tesla charges to test their product because of this reason on my new X Plaid. I think this is a waste of money and Tesla should be paying people to risk their lives testing their product.. I'm failing to see why someone would want to use this instead of just driving themselves.
I don't experience this anexiety... I have learned to trust the car and not trust the car in equal measure. FSDb greatly reduces the stress of driving my daily commutes.

Just got the 11.3.6 bugfix update today.
It mildly improved performance, which was negligible. But introduced another more dangerous flaw.

While driving, now FSD/AP will disengage with no Alert warning. It will be going, and then "Ding Dong" as if I took control of the vehicle overriding AP/FSD by turning the steering wheel, when in fact it was itself turning the steering wheel. Happens occasionally while actually in motion, but more so when coming to a complete stop at stop sign, or making right turn. While I have my hands available to take over, I am not physically touching the wheel when this happens. It is not a emergency alert or take over alarm, it is the normal sound as if I grabbed the wheel and took over.

Zero issues with this prior to the update from 11.3.4 to 11.3.6

Lynnwood SC told me bug reports don’t leave the car, but if they’re looking for a problem it helps as a time stamp.
I don’t bother.
I used the heck out of them back in the day. Actually got a direct call from Engineering telling me to slow down a bit. That was before they changed things. Now Bug Report does basically nothing but shut the customer up for a while.