Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta coming to 98?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My app was acting weird, hoping that was a sign, but doesn't seem to be.
Mine too. All three cars in stealth mode.
A6E6545C-B000-4A20-933B-DF292EC13143.jpeg
6ECEA27D-976B-4A22-91C0-7D80E4F65C0C.jpeg
AA81C100-A8A9-4C92-9973-96D8494C6197.jpeg

Just when I was losing hope of getting it anytime soon, I got the upgrade last night. I've been a 98 for a few weeks. and was hopeful but then resigned to not getting it for a while, and last night (11/10) it just popped on. As soon as the software upgrade finished, my wife and I took it for a spin, or rather the car took us for a spin. Still very rough, but oh so cool!!!!! One problem spot when it tried to make a left turn in front of some cars. It could have made it, but was too tentative and I had to jam on the brakes or bad things might have happened. Overall, just about the coolest thing I've ever been a part of.
Just saw this on different thread. Good news!

Asking again. Desperate despite all the negative comments on FSD.

Also, does anyone know if the opt-out, wait for Safety Score to disappear from Tesla app, opt-back-in to FSD will work still? I know two friends who did this about two weeks ago and got in this way. But maybe Tesla closed the loophole?

I believe the current 10.4 installs are coming solely from existing 10.3 installs and recently achieved Safety Scores of 99's and 100's. I was at 98 last weekend anticipating getting in the beta. I would be disappointed by Elon's 10-day delay to 10.5 for 98's if not for early (pre-Android app) bad days dropping off my SS which is now a 30-day 99. I'm eagerly awaiting the beta based on my supposition being true.

Reactions: K5TRX
I believe the current 10.4 installs are coming solely from existing 10.3 installs and recently achieved Safety Scores of 99's and 100's. I was at 98 last weekend anticipating getting in the beta. I would be disappointed by Elon's 10-day delay to 10.5 for 98's if not for early (pre-Android app) bad days dropping off my SS which is now a 30-day 99. I'm eagerly awaiting the beta based on my supposition being true.
I got 10.4 yesterday as my first FSD beta after finally reaching 99 on Monday or Tuesday.

I was on 99, then 98 and now dropped to 97.

2018 Model 3
HW 3.0
After several days at 98, I too dropped to 97. However, I hadn't driven during the 2 day interval. A running average over X days? Recalculation based on updated criteria? Misalignment of the sun, moon and stars? Who knows.

Re Aggressive Turning: My Model 3 is a sports sedan, not a top heavy SUV. I drive accordingly, but not recklessly. I've only had one moving violation in 50+ years of driving, and that was in the 1970s for towing my boat without a visible license plate on the trailer. I've also never had an at-fault accident. Am I a safe driver? My record says I am. Safety Score? meh

Finally, I've come to believe Tesla has done me a big favor. I now know I won't be agreeing to my insurance company using a device in my car to monitor my driving, even if it might save me a few bucks a year. If Tesla's scoring is so out of whack when they know our cars' capabilities, low center of gravity, etc, imagine what an insurance company's scoring might be.