Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean his experience from a second before where it crosses the lane line and almost hits a bollard? :rolleyes:
He says in the new video - perhaps he could have taken over, but FSD has evaded such pillars before or words to that effect.

Though, there was very little time, it was possible for him to have disengaged when the car did something wrong I.e. go towards the wrong lane. But YouTube doesn’t reward that. So, he had to let it go to see what happened. Turnings are especially prone to errors and we should always be ready to take over in split second.

BTW, you don’t have FSD beta, right ?

Reactions: Daniel in SD
He says in the new video - perhaps he could have taken over, but FSD has evaded such pillars before or words to that effect.

Though, there was very little time, it was possible for him to have disengaged when the car did something wrong I.e. go towards the wrong lane. But YouTube doesn’t reward that. So, he had to let it go to see what happened. Turnings are especially prone to errors and we should always be ready to take over in split second.

That's interpretation I got from @S4WRXTTCS 's comment, he was talking about AI Addict's overall experience with FSD Beta, that he likely expected it handle the situation given his overall experience (in all other drives, not just this one). He's not solely talking about this particular video (or even all the videos AI Addict posted so far).

A lot of drives can happen that are not on video, and people that solely are looking at videos would not have the same experience as someone actually using the system daily (and people using daily would also have different experiences depending on their driving environment and the type of driving they do).

YouTube rewards hitting pillars! It's going to be his most viewed video.
1644420389872.png

No, I don't have FSD Beta. If I had HW3 I'd try it out but I'm only going to get HW3 if it improves Autopilot or when FSD goes out of beta later this year.

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold and EVNow
YouTube rewards hitting pillars! It's going to be his most viewed video.
View attachment 766884
No, I don't have FSD Beta. If I had HW3 I'd try it out but I'm only going to get HW3 if it improves Autopilot or when FSD goes out of beta later this year.

It does bring visual autopark which improves autopark.

But, even if you had HW3 I can't see trying out FSD Beta because of that whole Safety Scoring thing.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
It does bring visual autopark which improves autopark.

But, even if you had HW3 I can't see trying out FSD Beta because of that whole Safety Scoring thing.
Safety score is easy to pass, the issue would be whether or no they let anyone else into the beta.
I've seen videos of visual autopark. I can park better than that! Parking is a math problem not an AI problem, is there any explanation for why it can't do it better than a human? Or at least as good as other systems...

Last edited:
Safety score is easy to pass, the issue would be whether or no they let anyone else into the beta.
I've seen videos of visual autopark. I can park better than that! Parking is a math problem not an AI problem, is there any explanation for why it can't do it better than a human? Or at least as good as other systems...

Yeah there are two parts to it.

Passing the Safety Score, and maintaining the score until the Beta gets on your car (it seems stuck right now)

As to Visual Autopark - I didn't say it was useful, but at least its easier to get it to activate. :)

Are you saying its not being used in the car now ... - why would send the code run in the car if its not being used ?
Has Tesla ever said it's being used? Maybe they are testing the accuracy. Like put a trigger for when someone runs through a voxel block and see if it actually happened.
Or, more conspiratorially, put it in the code so green will find it and give you publicity. :p

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Has Tesla ever said it's being used?
That is always difficult to tell. They have extensively talked about it and showed a lot of videos etc. It is in the prod code now for a few months. So, I won't be surprised if it is being used - more importantly, I won't be surprised if it is an integral part of Beta 11.x.

Like put a trigger for when someone runs through a voxel block and see if it actually happened.
You mean like AI Addict ;)

ps : I'm going to check out how the car perceives & reacts to pillars. I think I can find some in parking lots. But, in general I think it is part of determining the "drivable path". Also given how much bad PR hitting static objects brings to Tesla, it has to be a high priority.

Or, more conspiratorially, put it in the code so green will find it and give you publicity.

They can achive a LOT more publicity by having Karpathy tweet it and for Elon to retweet that. We are talking millions (plus all the media that compulsively covert everything Elon tweets) instead of dozens.

Last edited:
Was hoping the updated map data might resolve this map/routing problem that still happens at two different intersections every time.
Route wants a right hand turn followed immediately by a U-turn. Should be a simple left hand turn.

View attachment 767128
Map probably says no left turn. Report to TomTom.

ps : Check what routing TomTom does - that is one way to confirm its a mapping issue since TomTom doesn't show metadata like "no left turn" on the web.

Reactions: scottf200