Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was hoping the updated map data might resolve this map/routing problem that still happens at two different intersections every time.
Route wants a right hand turn followed immediately by a U-turn. Should be a simple left hand turn.

View attachment 767128

Map probably says no left turn. Report to TomTom.

ps : Check what routing TomTom does - that is one way to confirm its a mapping issue since TomTom doesn't show metadata like "no left turn" on the web.
TomTom route planner here: TomTom MyDrive

The new map data seems to have created a bunch of new issues for some people, that type of stuff must be why there have been so few map updates

Like this guy's experience, I think he says that an entire bridge is missing from the new data and the system won't route properly as a result

Good map data will be essential for any type of Robotaxi service, as will fluid routing and all that. Even if the system could drive perfectly today, there are many other pieces that need to be in place

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
The new map data seems to have created a bunch of new issues for some people, that type of stuff must be why there have been so few map updates

Like this guy's experience, I think he says that an entire bridge is missing from the new data and the system won't route properly as a result

Good map data will be essential for any type of Robotaxi service, as will fluid routing and all that. Even if the system could drive perfectly today, there are many other pieces that need to be in place

Because of issues, map data should be updated more often. Not less often.

It should be easier to correct maps and push them anyway - you don't even need software engineers for that.

Reactions: thewishmaster
But the “corrections” have largely been negative. More updates with a negative velocity means they will get worse more quickly, not let.
Then correct those mistakes.

BTW, you have no idea whether '“corrections” have largely been negative.' or not. You have zero means of figuring this out. If they included 1 year worth of TomTom corrections - noway the corrections are "largely negative".

A few anecdotes on innerwebs don't mean much.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Then correct those mistakes.

BTW, you have no idea whether '“corrections” have largely been negative.' or not. You have zero means of figuring this out. If they included 1 year worth of TomTom corrections - noway the corrections are "largely negative".

A few anecdotes on innerwebs don't mean much.
This is from my personal experience, so you can’t say zero. Plus, I was trying to clarify the poster’s assertion. I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing with it.

How do you know when you have the map update?
By looking.:eek:🤣🤣
IMG_0314D.jpeg

Reactions: PACEMD
This is from my personal experience, so you can’t say zero. Plus, I was trying to clarify the poster’s assertion. I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing with it.
Personal experience = anectode. But what you claimed was that what you are saying is universally true.

But the “corrections” have largely been negative. More updates with a negative velocity means they will get worse more quickly, not let.​
Basically you are claiming they shouldn't make any map updates because there might be mistakes with the updates - and according to you, more problems than corrections . That is the most ridiculous thing anyone can say - knowing how many of the FSD issues are because of map problems.