Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD button is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
went out this morning on autopilot and within 1 1/2 miles got bonged twice. Once on a sharp curve with a truck coming the other way. The other with a car pulling out from a side street in front of me. I have a total of about 8 miles and 2 alerts. Probably screwed now. But can't tell as the new app isn't there yet.
I am also having issues with autopilot. It's trying to make aggressive turns when there is a break in painted lines. I manually intervene to disengage auto steer. Have reported this to Tesla. You will not be dinged for manual interventions. Only if Autopilot disengages for inattention.

Then perhaps don't use AP and just drive manually. You don't need to use AP to be rated. No, you are not Screwed.... YET. Just drive better for the next week.
Jesus, we're like kids on social media giving each other support for the magical button. Hang in there! Stay away from trucks coming at you head on and for God's sake don't go through yellow lights (kidding on all)

Tesla’s Elon Musk shares FSD Beta rollout strategy, V10.2 release date

Basically adding about 1000 new drivers per day, starting at a score of 100 then working down. No other details made available yet for minimum safety score needed or a limit as to how many they will add to the beta in total before they cap it. The way I figure it, if your score is not 95+ then you will need a lot of uneventful driving in a short period to raise it quickly, or just forget about it like I have. Even if you did drive in such a manner to get a very high score, will you continue to drive that way if you get into the beta? If not, then expect to be booted from the beta as soon as your score drops below some undocumented threshold.

Tesla’s Elon Musk shares FSD Beta rollout strategy, V10.2 release date

Basically adding about 1000 new drivers per day, starting at a score of 100 then working down. No other details made available yet for minimum safety score needed or a limit as to how many they will add to the beta in total before they cap it. The way I figure it, if your score is not 95+ then you will need a lot of uneventful driving in a short period to raise it quickly, or just forget about it like I have. Even if you did drive in such a manner to get a very high score, will you continue to drive that way if you get into the beta? If not, then expect to be booted from the beta as soon as your score drops below some undocumented threshold.
I think he needs to give it to every owner. The end results of FSD usage, safety and its future will be reliant on a broad spectrum of users not just those who Tesla deems are the safest drivers in the world because those are far and few between. He put four ordinary people into a rocket and sent them into space for 3 days and they were considered "regular people" (whatever that means) so I think anyone who pays 60K++++ for a car deserves THE BUTTON!!!!
button.jpeg

Reactions: pilotSteve
I would also note that I'm getting dinged because of Tesla Malfunctions. My only dings are Forward Collision Warnings. In reality I have 0 over 4 days now. In the system I have 5. I've only heard the warning on 2, one was on AP (bad car!) and the second was a person who didn't exist that appeared on the visualization.

Telling people to get a good score, and then relying on Beta software that doesn't work properly to evaluate that score is a bit messed up.

There is a lot of things wrong with it. I live on a hill and its a few miles down to the freeway. Well guess what, i get dinged for heavy breaking. Sorry I have to break harder with a heavy vehicle going down the hill.

I have to make a hard right on a busy street after work. Guess what, I'm not going to crawl on that right and get rear ended making it. Sheesh

Reactions: pchilds
I would also note that I'm getting dinged because of Tesla Malfunctions. My only dings are Forward Collision Warnings. In reality I have 0 over 4 days now. In the system I have 5. I've only heard the warning on 2, one was on AP (bad car!) and the second was a person who didn't exist that appeared on the visualization.

Telling people to get a good score, and then relying on Beta software that doesn't work properly to evaluate that score is a bit messed up.
My score is 99% due to an "unsafe following" event, which is baloney. I'm normally a conservative driver and I have purposely driven very cautiously. I agree the app is dinging us incorrectly for some things.

I had the same issue but this link took me to 4.1 Note: at the very end of the article there is a link to update to the latest version

Thanks for the info w/ link, my phone showed my app was up to date for some reason…

It’s rather ironic when most of the ‘events’ you get are when autopilot is engaged. All of the hard braking events I’ve had have been because of autopilot as well as the unsafe following events. I wonder if Tesla takes that into account?

A few updates:

Try to be on autopilot whenever possible
Set the distance to 7 or 6
Don't use autopilot during turns
Take the turns slow and stay in the lane to avoid aggressively turning the steering wheel
Always feather the accelerator and coast the car to a stop
If you feel that Autopilot is coming in too hot, decrease the set speed with the scroll wheel

FCW happens
The best way to counter act this and give yourself some wiggle room is to drive more miles as this is the only thing that takes miles into effect.

When you are not on autopilot, you should be at least 1 car away from the car in front of you at a stoplight.

multiple days multiple ways of driving still get 97
Every single day I take the canyons with limited freeway
Hit 90 plus yesterday on freeway Drove almost normal in canyons 97
I get dinging getting on first major street have to make a left across a double lane highway
Every time thats it aggressive turns and getting too close to cars
I cant drive slower its a tesla

Reactions: pchilds
A few updates:

Take the turns slow and stay in the lane to avoid aggressively turning the steering wheel
If you feel that Autopilot is coming in too hot, decrease the set speed with the scroll wheel

FCW happens
The best way to counter act this and give yourself some wiggle room is to drive more miles as this is the only thing that takes miles into effect.

When you are not on autopilot, you should be at least 1 car away from the car in front of you at a stoplight.

Personally I think I'll lock the glove box for the 7 days.

Capture-11.png

e nex

t 7 days.

All this BS is making me want to get rid of my car all together....this is my second Tesla too. I paid for a feature and I should not have to go through this crap!
See my post above - “all this BS” is only if you want to be a beta tester. If you don’t want to be a beta tester then you can forget about it and wait for the final release.

honestly, I get that people are curious and eager but I can’t understand why people are getting so worked up and stressing about this.

A few updates:

FCW happens

I am sitting at 95 right now, and will likely stay there. I have to merge into traffic on the freeway here in southern california and I always get dinged for that.

And there is no way I can set the distance to 6 or 7 - I am likely to get shot on the freeway!

I do use autopilot as much as possible, even on non-freeway streets which is an annoyance since it's so limited - but its only for a bit of time hopefully.

Matt

Reactions: alexcue