Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD jokes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Facebook

C832D3C8-1852-4566-9F41-250CE0A32576.png

Hertz commercial: when you rent a Tesla you don't need to drop it off.

Seriously though, I am sure this is a long term vision. Extremely strong point for Hertz if in the end of rent you just step out of the vehicle and it drives itself back to Hertz.

Elon actually mentioned this as a potential way of delivering cars in the future. They will deliver themselves. That would be a WOW for first impression and a huge logistical win for Tesla.

Seriously though, I am sure this is a long term vision. Extremely strong point for Hertz if in the end of rent you just step out of the vehicle and it drives itself back to Hertz.

Elon actually mentioned this as a potential way of delivering cars in the future. They will deliver themselves. That would be a WOW for first impression and a huge logistical win for Tesla.
They shoulda bought waymos, right @diplomat33 ??

• Funny
Reactions: Terminator857

Tesla "robotaxi" tried to drive itself back to the Hertz lot.

model-3-pole.jpg

They shoulda bought waymos, right @diplomat33 ??

If Hertz wants a real robotaxi, yes, they should buy Waymos. Or Hertz could buy from another AV company like Cruise, Zoox, Mobileye, ArgoAI or Baidu. Hertz is not going to get robotaxis by buying Teslas, that's for sure. But as a rental car, no, Hertz should not buy a Waymo. Waymos are great robotaxis but too expensive and high maintenance to be good rental cars.

FYI, I think Hertz was very smart to buy Model 3's because they are great rental cars. Model 3's are cheap and low maintenance, perfect for a rental car business. Hertz should just not expect the Teslas to be robotaxis.

Last edited: