Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD option - should I get it or hold off

Should I order with FSD at $7k?

• Yes - it's a must have

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • yes - the price will go up in the future

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No - it's not worth it

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • No - because you can get it for less later on

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious about whether to order the FSD option or hold off.

For what is included it seems overpriced. Similar bundles from other OEMs tend to cost $3-5k. At $7k you are really paying for future features that may or may not arrive within the next 2 years that I own the car.

Also i read somewhere that Tesla sometimes offers promotions to existing owners to buy FSD for $3k. So maybe I could save money holding out and waiting for a promotion pricing deal.

What do you all think?

If I were shopping for a new Tesla today, I would buy it. My desire would be a new Model S Performance. Given the price of the car involved, the added amount on the monthly payment isn't all that much. And I have faith that FSD will be a vast improvement over AP1.

I will not get FSD. I have paid for it on 2 previous Tesla's, a 2015 Model S 85D and 2017 Model X P100D. It was close to a hazard to use and the only part of it that was comfortable was the equivalent of the standard Auto Pilot that is now offered at no extra charge.

Also, not that I expected any extra consideration from Tesla, Nobody will get that, so NO to FSD for me.

Reactions: house9
I will not get FSD. I have paid for it on 2 previous Tesla's, a 2015 Model S 85D and 2017 Model X P100D. It was close to a hazard to use and the only part of it that was comfortable was the equivalent of the standard Auto Pilot that is now offered at no extra charge.

Also, not that I expected any extra consideration from Tesla, Nobody will get that, so NO to FSD for me.

Assuming this is a reliable report, it goes to show how its most prudent to pay for a completed, high quality product. FSD doesn't fit that definition.