Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Preview for HW3 only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like those that have FSD HW3 will be getting the FSD preview, with the upcoming release.

Lucky recent owners..does anyone in the 2.0 and 2.5 crowd regret adding the feature to their car?

Last edited:
FC28922D-761C-4EA7-B405-7468010B4FC3.jpeg
Elon’s tweet announcing the Holiday release, received the question.

Yup. Could’ve saved $3k and still had the exact same car 40k miles later. Don’t really care about city FSD, I wanted hands free Highway FSD.

Agreed on the city FSD. If I can get hands-free highway driving, I'll feel I've gotten my money's worth from FSD. Everything else is just gravy.

What I really want is a chauffeur mode -- just hang out in the HOV lane and drive super smoothly without impeding traffic or compromising safety. Hopefully Navigate on Autopilot will get there.

We'll see if our cars get this preview mode. We should qualify but I'm wondering if there's still some version of EAP with HW3 that purchased FSD program going on.

Reactions: outdoors
I should say..I don’t see it as a negative. I do believe the software will get there. I just rarely use the feature myself. I do like the concept, I just find I enjoy driving manually majority of the time.

I’ll be happy if they do in fact upgrade the FSD HW, and obviously it being free, is more than generous of Tesla.

Did Tesla have production issues with HW3? I don’t understand how Tesla was showing off their new chip like 9 months ago and is now running short on inventory...?
I would venture to guess with the increased production of vehicles, and significant deliveries for year end, they aren’t focused on retros. Az’s statement above would point further to this..as end of January would get them through the mad dash for this EV credit.

Also, the upgrades would be all Cap Ex against their QTD and YTD financials. They’re maximizing revenue right now, with vehicle deliveries and the recent performance boost offer for Model 3 owners. No time to spend non revenue producing $!

Last edited: