Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price Change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the OP is referring to the $1k EAP to FSD upgrade discount, it was in the U.S. starting in early December.

Ok, that must be it. I knew there was a 1k discount, I could have sworn it applied to new vehicle purchases as well, but I couldn’t find it when I ordered a new Model S yesterday. The upgrade discount is no longer there either. App on my phone shows $10k to upgrade to FSD.

Thanks!

Ok, that must be it. I knew there was a 1k discount, I could have sworn it applied to new vehicle purchases as well, but I couldn’t find it when I ordered a new Model S yesterday. The upgrade discount is no longer there either. App on my phone shows $10k to upgrade to FSD.

Thanks!
This “discount” was really just a price correction to not excessively penalize people that already bought Enhanced Autopilot. It’s still there for me. My FSD upgrade is $5k (on top of the $5k I already paid for EAP). Still not buying it. ;)

I hear ya... I’ve paid for “FSD” on two of my earlier Tesla’s, neither of which ended up with much “FSD”. LOL. Didn’t bother on the M3, I do miss a few of the things like being able to change lanes on auto pilot but ya, wasn’t really worth it. Now that it seems it’s actually coming along into something resembling what we were promised over 4 years ago, I ordered FSD on both my upcoming MS Performance and my MS Plaid, I feel the FSD price will probably continue to go up until it becomes more “mainstream” at which point it will start to drop, but I expect that to be a few years from now. But at this point, $10k seems ridiculous, I guess I’m just justifying it based on the fact my on order MS Ludicrous with FSD is about the same cost as my 2018 MS 100D was.

The upgrade discount is no longer there either. App on my phone shows $10k to upgrade to FSD.
I believe the $1k reduction was only for cars that have EAP. If you are seeing a $10k upgrade charge for your current car then I assume it doesn't have EAP. Otherwise, the price would be less.

Tesla is expected to announce a new subscription pricing plan for FSD this year. Depending on the terms, you may find it more appealing than paying $10k upfront.