Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price Cut to $12k Tonight, Aug 31/ Sept 1 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the FSD complaints that I see coming up often is that it nags too often for user intervention (keep hands on the wheel).

Is there a difference in how often it nags for AP(EAP) vs FSD? Does one nag more often than the other?
I currently have a 3 month FSD trial with a new Model 3. The nag situation is interesting now that it uses the cabin camera to measure attention.

If you keep your head up, still, and perfectly centered looking at the road ahead of you, you can go many many miles without any nag at all. No need to touch the wheel whatsoever.

But if you even briefly look down at your screen, turn your head too far one way or another, or do almost anything else that the system registers as you not paying attention, you almost immediately get the nag message to yank the wheel.

Practically speaking, I get more nags driving like I normally would. But you CAN eliminate them almost entirely if you’re willing to sit perfectly still and do nothing but stare straight ahead.

• Informative
Reactions: cucubits