Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD refund attempt: Tesla rep is lying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted Tesla for a FSD refund, and of course they refused. But the reason the rep gave was a lie. She is saying when my car was ordered with FSD, they installed different hardware which cannot be removed. My understanding is that every car (with or without EAP, with our without FSD) has the same hardware, which enables EAP trials and software updates for purchasing OTA. Yes there are tweet that Tesla will install the new computer later for FSD, but as of today there is no hardware difference between FSD and non-FSD.

Here's the discourse. Just wanted the forum's opinion on if I am reading the correctly and that the rep is purposefully lying to me.

--len

--- Len ---
I purchased FSD with my car 5/1. But since it’s been almost a year and the feature has not yet been delivered, I would like to request a refund. How can I go about this? Who should I contact?

--- Lisa L @ Tesla ---
We do not process refund requests for the removal of the Enhanced Autopilot or removal of the Full Self-Driving (FSD) feature if purchased either Pre or Post-Delivery. This is because once the option is purchased, it becomes part of the configuration, or value of the car, and is therefore non-refundable.

Keep in mind, that just like the rest of your car, these features will continue to be enhanced and grown over time to introduce new and amazing innovative functionality. Fully Autonomous vehicles are not yet approved by the government, but as soon as it is, the customers that have purchased this feature will be uploaded the firmware immediately to start enjoying this feature. You should already have some of the benefits available to you at this time.

--- Len ---
I understand not refunding EAP, as that’s something real that I’ve used the past 11 months. But FSD has not yet been delivered. There are no benefits to the purchase of this feature at this time. I’ve purchased it ahead of the production of the feature, but received zero value for that purchase. So I consider this like the deposit I put on the Model 3, which is refundable if I requested a refund before the car was delivered. Here I’m requesting a refund before any FSD feature has been delivered.
I’ve been deceived by Telsa into thinking buying FSD would result in anything. The statement by Tesla at the time of purchase was that FSD features were coming very soon. Had I know that 11 months later, I would have received nothing, there is no way I would have purchased it at the time. Had Tesla been forthright on the timing of FSD, I would have made a very different decision. So I want a refund.
To whom can I escalate this issue?

-- Lisa L @ Tesla ---
I understand what you are saying and although the FSD features have not been released, you have the hardware built into the configuration of your car. This can not be removed. Your car was built with the equipment to support this firmware once its released. FSD was advertised this way and customers had the option to purchase it or not.

Customers were made aware that this feature is coming in the future as we advance the technology, and, also wait for the government to approve a fully autonomous car to be on the road. This is not approved yet. Once it is, the firmware will be sent to your car and you will be able to have full functions of this feature.

--- Len ---
I thought all cars were built with FSD hardware. This is why purchasing FSD post-delivery is just a software update. Are you saying my understanding is incorrect? What specific hardware is installed in my car that is not installed in a car which did not order FSD?

--- Lisa L @ Tesla ---
All cars are not built with FSD Hardware, or EAP you need to purchase it this way. You purchased yours to be built into the configuration of your car. As they are building it, these features become a part of your vehicle and can not be removed. Tesla offers no refund due to the complexity of these features. I am sorry.
Anyone interested in joining a class action suit on this? If so, send me an email [email protected] I am working with an attorney on this. Certainly theres enough of us that are sick of the lies and misleading of TESLA on this. Send me an email

(moderator note : there is plenty of discussion on the topic of FSD in the automation subforum. Please post any questions / comments in that subforum:

Locking this thread as its 2 years old, and there are similar discussions in the FSD subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.